Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As mentioned before in previous posts, I've fallen out of love with my XDs9 3.3".

I'm considering selling it, but I've taken upon myself to continue to tinker with it. I'm thinking that if I make the piece more cosmetically and functionally attractive, then it will be easier to sell/develop a liking to again. At the very least, I'm getting hands-on experience with working on/with a tool that will undoubtedly be commonplace for the rest of my natural life.

I polished my barrel and loaded chamber indicator. The all-black thing was starting to get a little gloomy.

(strangely, the all-black G27's blunt, almost orcish look is growing on me...)

I also ordered the PRP spring kit, and would very much like to give this little guy the good ol' fluff-n-buff whilst installing said springs.

If anyone has tips or a link to a well done how-to on the buffing, do it a favor and hollar at your boy.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
If you intend to sell that gun in the long run, you're wasting you money upgrading (?) it.
You won't get that money back.

If you don't care for it, sell it....

As far as a black Glock, there are MANY different options to have the slide and barrel refinished in Hard Chrome or nickel boron...

·
Banned
0 Posts
You make me laugh, just go get the Glock already. The more you modify the harder it is to sell usually. You are actually limiting the market base.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You make me laugh, just go get the Glock already. The more you modify the harder it is to sell usually. You are actually limiting the market base.
Bbbbut Carl.
I haven't even shot one yet. :(

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Buy a glock... You'll like it.. Or even an m&p (; stop wasting money on a gun you don't like

·
Premium Member
28,487 Posts
If you intend to sell that gun in the long run, you're wasting you money upgrading (?) it.
You won't get that money back.

If you don't care for it, sell it....

As far as a black Glock, there are MANY different options to have the slide and barrel refinished in Hard Chrome or nickel boron...

I agree 100%. If you don't want to keep it then don't modify it and sell it stock. Any dollar amount you put into the XDs will not return what you spend. The only exception would be perhaps a refinishing job on the slide.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Work on it if you're going to keep it. I have no problem buying a used gun, but I wouldn't touch something that was stippled, had polished parts and/or finishes removed, crayola filled logos, etc. It's not going to make it any easier to sell, but it may make it harder. It's one thing if the work was done buy a well known company, another if it's done by a tinkerer.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
give the gun to me, ill re-coat the barrel without complaint.
but yeah, agreed, modifying reduces value.

no one wants your perfect gun, they want their perfect gun

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Work on it if you're going to keep it. I have no problem buying a used gun, but I wouldn't touch something that was stippled, had polished parts and/or finishes removed, crayola filled logos, etc. It's not going to make it any easier to sell, but it may make it harder. It's one thing if the work was done buy a well known company, another if it's done by a tinkerer.
give the gun to me, ill re-coat the barrel without complaint.
but yeah, agreed, modifying reduces value.

no one wants your perfect gun, they want their perfect gun
I agree. If you plan on keeping it, by all means have at it. If you think that polishing the barrel, color fill, etc will make it more attractive or raise the value....fugetaboutit :lol: To guys like me it severely lowers the value.

Sell it, get the Glock. Resistance is futile ;)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well then that's that. I'll keep it.

Now:
About that fluff and buff...

What exactly needs fluffing and what needs buffing?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Shoot the Glock, then buy the Glock!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts