Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dry fired a Witness Elite Match at the funshow today. That is a nice trigger!

Might have to get one. I'm thinking if I do it should be in 40 for Limited.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
If you get one a full writeup will be required! One of those have been on my list for a little while now.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I'm right there with you. I was looking at picking up one of the CZ compacts right next to it, then I tried the EAA. The entire gun just oozed quality.

I left the fun show empty handed though.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
I can't over sell my witness elite match, it's an outstanding gun with as good a trigger as you can find. At the price they sell for it's hard to beat them.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't over sell my witness elite match, it's an outstanding gun with as good a trigger as you can find. At the price they sell for it's hard to beat them.
What's the reset on the trigger like? That's one thing I couldn't find out because of the zip tie.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have the Witness Compact in .40 S&W-it is easily one of the most fun shooting .40's I have had.Very nice trigger and great accuracy

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
What's the reset on the trigger like? That's one thing I couldn't find out because of the zip tie.
My stock trigger is perfection. 3.5 lbs, crisp and clean, instant reset. Nearly as good as the best 1911's.

I just sold 4 guns to fund my Nighthawk. You know what I didn't sell? The witness elite match.

·
Premium Member
127,986 Posts
As an FFL dealer, I have sold several to happy customers.

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Would the Elite Match work as a HD or SHTF gun? I was looking at a 75B SA but I would like a rail and the SP-01 is going to be hard to find when I'm ready to buy. If not the Elite Match I've also been looking into the P-09.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Would the Elite Match work as a HD or SHTF gun? I was looking at a 75B SA but I would like a rail and the SP-01 is going to be hard to find when I'm ready to buy. If not the Elite Match I've also been looking into the P-09.
The trigger is very light and short, it's going to require a high level of discipline.

It could work, but personally I would use something else.

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
That's what I was thinking but had to ask someone who's handled it. Looking on youtube the trigger pull looks super short. I didn't care for the how G17 felt in my hand and the was looking at the FNS9 long slide but have been reading the FNH's customer service is horrible. The P09 is sounding like a good contender for HD and SHTF. My P07 is extremely accurate and reliable so I can only imagine how accurate the P09 is. Plus its 19+1 and I shoot my P07 way better than the XDM 9 4.5" I had.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
That's what I was thinking but had to ask someone who's handled it. Looking on youtube the trigger pull looks super short. I didn't care for the how G17 felt in my hand and the was looking at the FNS9 long slide but have been reading the FNH's customer service is horrible. The P09 is sounding like a good contender for HD and SHTF. My P07 is extremely accurate and reliable so I can only imagine how accurate the P09 is. Plus its 19+1 and I shoot my P07 way better than the XDM 9 4.5" I had.
You like the P07? I've played around with one a few times and love the ergonomics and the trigger was really good, smooth SA and solid reset. I'm also torn between the duty and the new version, I like the trigger on the new one and the hammer on the duty version.

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
You like the P07? I've played around with one a few times and love the ergonomics and the trigger was really good, smooth SA and solid reset. I'm also torn between the duty and the new version, I like the trigger on the new one and the hammer on the duty version.
I really like the P07. I've toyed with the idea of selling it a few times but could never do it. I points naturally and feels awsome in the hand. I think I'm going to throw some CGW parts in it to lighten up and smooth out the DA even more. I want to shorten up the reset too. When the time comes a P09 could be a nice addition.

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
I have the Witness Compact in .40 S&W-it is easily one of the most fun shooting .40's I have had.Very nice trigger and great accuracy
I had the exact same gun only in stainless steel (when they still made em in SS). I've never fires the Elite, but from what I know about the "lesser" Witnesses you can't go wrong. Mine is gone now, I regretted it immediatly and a new one is on the short list for "NEXT!".

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Very nice, did you find one locally?
No, bought it off gun broker. I had a really ****** day at work today, and felt like doing something stupid. I bought this. LOL.

Probably will be a week or two before I get it in my hands.

It's a 10mm.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts