Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've put my XD9 Tactical up for trade. I'd like to have an XD45, and I also want a Springfield 1911, so I listed it on a local board. I'm curious to see if I get any bites. There was an XD45 compact on there and it's gone, but that wouldn't have done me any good as the guy was getting rid of it because he didn't like XD's. I was considering trading it to a guy for a Taurus 1911, but decided to pass. Who knows...I just might end up with a .45 after all;-)

·
Registered
295 Posts
I hear ya... I have an XD45c that I love, but I go back and forth thinking of selling it to get a Colt Combat Commander. I love 1911's, and they have to be Colt's. Decisions, decisions

Jim KE8WC

·
Registered
578 Posts
I've put my XD9 Tactical up for trade. I'd like to have an XD45, and I also want a Springfield 1911, so I listed it on a local board. I'm curious to see if I get any bites. There was an XD45 compact on there and it's gone, but that wouldn't have done me any good as the guy was getting rid of it because he didn't like XD's. I was considering trading it to a guy for a Taurus 1911, but decided to pass. Who knows...I just might end up with a .45 after all;-)
I'd suggest you hold on to the 9mm if it's your only 9 and get a .45 in addition.

The .45 is awesome fun to shoot but also pricey for ammo. For practice and more trigger time at the range, a 9mm isn't a bad thing to keep around.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I persoanly would just go with a XD .40. .45 ammo is crazy, and a .40 is all the firepower you need. I would also suggest keeping the 9 for cost affectiveness.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What really, really sucks is a guy just offered me a beautiful old (I assume it's an older one as it's in a cardboard box with a styrofoam insert) Springfield 1911 9mm for my gun + $200. Too bad I'm about $195 short :(

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I persoanly would just go with a XD .40. .45 ammo is crazy, and a .40 is all the firepower you need. I would also suggest keeping the 9 for cost affectiveness.
As hard as I've tried to like it, I'm just not a .40 fan. Ammo is almost the same cost (here, anyway), and I like shooting a .45 better.

·
Registered
329 Posts
you will be more happy with the 45 imho. i am not a fan of the forty.:cool: but i would keep the 9mm too, as that is my next purchase. although my brd is getting pretty unbearable and may need a fix before the 9 gets bought... decisions, decisions, decisions. and with the white house changes coming too, this is a tough one.

·
Registered
103 Posts
As hard as I've tried to like it, I'm just not a .40 fan. Ammo is almost the same cost (here, anyway), and I like shooting a .45 better.
I agree. That's why I just got out of .40 and will be keeping .45, .357mag, and 9mm only in handguns. The .357 is my hunting sidearm, so I'll only be shooting my own reloads with copper bullets (stupid California Condor). The rest will eat factory stuff.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I've changed my mind altogether. I've decided to keep the Tactical for shooting, the sub for carrying, and I'm trading the Service (assuming the deal goes thru) for a Winchester model 94 30-30. It looks like brand new and is still in the original box. It even comes with 200 rounds of ammo. I hope this happens...I traded my only centerfire rifle a few months ago (big mistake) and I've always love the lever action rifles. This one was too sweet to let get away.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I hear ya... I have an XD45c that I love, but I go back and forth thinking of selling it to get a Colt Combat Commander. I love 1911's, and they have to be Colt's. Decisions, decisions

Jim KE8WC
Hey Jim, thats the first HAM call I've seen so far here, 73's from KD5IZQ!!

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
I agree. That's why I just got out of .40 and will be keeping .45, .357mag, and 9mm only in handguns. The .357 is my hunting sidearm, so I'll only be shooting my own reloads with copper bullets (stupid California Condor). The rest will eat factory stuff.
Dont blame the Condor. It had nthing to do with it. Its the retarded kalifornia pileash*tens.:D

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
It's funny because the gunshop I deal with in town, said alot of people are trading their .45's in for .40's. I did just for the fact of the cost of ammo. I only shot my 45 maybe 2-3 times this year. A .40 with hollow points is all you need. Or 180 FMJ's. .45's are nice, dont get me wrong. I will eventauly get an XD 9MM. I wish they made a .22, or conversion kit for the .40. Oh well maybe in the future.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Won't go wrong with the 30-30 model 94. I love mine and wouldn't give it up for anything.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I can't wait to get my hands on it. From the pics it looks mint, it's in the original box and is coming with 200rds of ammo. I'm excited!

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
It's funny because the gunshop I deal with in town, said alot of people are trading their .45's in for .40's. I did just for the fact of the cost of ammo. I only shot my 45 maybe 2-3 times this year. A .40 with hollow points is all you need. Or 180 FMJ's. .45's are nice, dont get me wrong. I will eventauly get an XD 9MM. I wish they made a .22, or conversion kit for the .40. Oh well maybe in the future.
I believe one of the sponsors on here makes a .22LR conv. kit. Unfortunately I can not recall which one. It may be EFK maybe, but not sure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts