Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I know?

Because I just picked up a Ruger Super Redhawk in .454 Casull to go along with my two GP100's, my SP101, and my two Vaqueros.

If I could get a Ruger BearCat, or Blackhawk in .357 for a reasonable price? I'd get both of them.

Something about the ability to FIELD STRIP YOUR REVOLVER! Love that option!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nice collection.

You should be able to pick up a used new model Blackhawk .357 for around $300 from GB. If you are luck you can find an old 3 screw model, they are awesome.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I just put a Ruger GP 100 .357 magnum with the six inch barrel on lay-a-way. I am looking forward to getting it and using it for deer hunting next year.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Yep.....They are the BEST...

·
Registered
246 Posts
How do I know?

Because I just picked up a Ruger Super Redhawk in .454 Casull to go along with my two GP100's, my SP101, and my two Vaqueros.

If I could get a Ruger BearCat, or Blackhawk in .357 for a reasonable price? I'd get both of them.

Something about the ability to FIELD STRIP YOUR REVOLVER! Love that option!
been looking at getting the Ruger Alaskan in 454 and the SP101 in 357...

the alaskan in 454 is hard to find and dealers want too much for them.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
I do too! :D

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Very cool!

I have a 4 3/4" 357 Blackhawk and a 5.5 inch Vaquero in 44 magnum.

Ruger's single actions are fantastic.

I now want a Single Six to go along with my Marlin Model 39 lever action to complete my Cowboy Rimfire set up! LOL

- brickboy240

·
Premium Member
22,590 Posts
Rugers are built like a tank. Love my SA's and DA's.

·
Registered
160 Posts
My very first handgun was a Ruger Security Six. I wish I still had that thing. I bought a Ruger LCR .38 a few months ago but my wife claimed it as her carry piece.

I'm currently in the market for an SP 101. Ruger makes quality revolvers for sure.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
the 454 is on the top of my list..

·
Registered
120 Posts
I love my gp 100 ss with 4in barrel when I first got it i did not like the triger pull in da but then i went and took it to the gun shop and they worked there magic and now it feels great it is my first revolver and I want to get one more in 454

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My dad has my ORIGINAL Security Six! He loves that thing.. .

One thing about .454 Casull:
-Ammo is EXPENSIVE! Kinda knew it, but WOW!
-Ouch. Self-explanatory
-Will launch a Tonka Truck 20 ft in the air from 35 yards away.
-Makes other shooters go "Naw, that's okay." When offered a chance to pop cap.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So a friend of mine had an old S&W revolver whose trigger was "sticking". He brought it over so I could work on it a bit before he decided whether to take it to a gunsmith, or send it back.

Just gunked up, did CLR Breakfree/Canned Air, and dental brace's brushes.

No luck. So he says "What would you do if your revolver's trigger did this?" Pulled out the SP101, field stripped it on the table, pulled up the trigger group, sprayed/soaked/canned air, put it back to together.

He blinked looked at me, and said "Okay, You win..."

(Hands in air) FOR THE WIN! Told him!

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Love mine to. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I shot a GP100 4" for the first time yesterday. What a nice revolver- it soaked up the recoil of the 357 beautifully. A pleasure to shoot.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts