Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took both my XD-45 Service and my Para CCO LDA 45 to the range today. Shot both one after the other and My Para shot better groups for me then my XD. Even with the XD at 4" and Para 3-1/2". I love my XD but that super LDA Para trigger is the real deal.;)

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
The tolerances are much tighter on the Para giving it better accuracy but leaving it a little more sensitive to stoppages. This is a very suggestive view and take it for what it's worth but the XD is made to survive hell and back and I just don't know if the Para would do the same.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I too enjoy my Para's and XD's. I agree and my Para is my "suit & tie" gun and my XD is a "field piece".

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tolerances are much tighter on the Para giving it better accuracy but leaving it a little more sensitive to stoppages. This is a very suggestive view and take it for what it's worth but the XD is made to survive hell and back and I just don't know if the Para would do the same.
You own a Para CCO LDA or have shot one?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
And my 5" Kimber is more accurate than my XD45. Off course it gives up durability, reliability, and ammo availability...

My XD is my duty gun now. I still strap on a 1911 occasionally, but not too often.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I've shot a PDA before (not sure how close it is to an LDA) and it has serious FTF/FTE issues. I wasn't impressed, and would never count on one as a primary self-defense weapon.

My XD, on the other hand, has never had a failure in over 1500 rounds.

To the OP, how many rounds do you have through your XD? If it is fairly new to you, it might be a matter of getting used to the trigger. Most folks shot low and to the left at first, but now I am getting tight groups consistantly.

Honestly, it is the only handgun I would carry. I love my three 1911s, but I trust my XD more.

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And my 5" Kimber is more accurate than my XD45. Off course it gives up durability, reliability, and ammo availability...

My XD is my duty gun now. I still strap on a 1911 occasionally, but not too often.
I have a 5" Kimber Custom TLE II it has never had a FTF or FTE never had any part fail and it can shoot the flat headed Corbon JHP Ammo. it also is a real great6 for me group shooting 1911.;)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've shot a PDA before (not sure how close it is to an LDA) and it has serious FTF/FTE issues. I wasn't impressed, and would never count on one as a primary self-defense weapon.

My XD, on the other hand, has never had a failure in over 1500 rounds.

To the OP, how many rounds do you have through your XD? If it is fairly new to you, it might be a matter of getting used to the trigger. Most folks shot low and to the left at first, but now I am getting tight groups consistantly.

Honestly, it is the only handgun I would carry. I love my three 1911s, but I trust my XD more.

Cheers! M2
Don't have any idea about how a Para PDA shoot or it it has problems. I do know my Para CCO LDA has never had a any such problems.:p

Also my S.A. XD-45 4" has never failed or has had any parts break.;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had two para's
both excellent accuracy however failures to feed and failures to eject caused me to move them out. Had a smith , it went, glock went yesterday after really putting a 300 test to my xd/45. I mean rapid fires, tactical reloads and rapid fire again, dang thing just would not stop spitting fire and lead, so Xd/45 my primary carry now

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
You own a Para CCO LDA or have shot one?
I bought one a few years back for my girlfriend at the time. I really liked it a lot. I could out shoot my XD45 all day long and never had any feed/jam problems. She obviously took it with her when we broke up but I have a chance coming up here soon to get a custom Para thru a psy-ops friend. When I know the details I will post back about the specs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts