Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today we went and saw the movie "A History of Violence". Hard to follow and graphic and not what I thought it would be but not a 'bad' movie. Well we get home after talking about guns - from the movies until home - and get onto the subject of dry firing. She seems pretty intrigued with this form of "weapons familiarity" and while I was on the computer talking to a friend about going to the range soon, I hear... CLICK, slide rack, CLICK, etc. This is a HUGE step!!! Not too long ago she was giving me the "I don't feel threatened that often to need/want a gun" and tonight she's dry firing. Slow and steady boys, slow and steady. If she decides to carry or not, that's her choice but I do want her to be comfortable to her options.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
459 Posts
YEAH YEAH YEAH. Another woman turned to the light.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
40SWXDSHOOTER said:
I predict a new gun in your future :D .
She says no to that. I'll give it another week or so. lol She does have OC now which she's starting to carry. A friend bought a Smith and Wesson 642, which she has seen and held and I've hinted at getting one of those or something and XDSC for her to carry in a "purse" but I'm not going to get it unless she wants it. You know. That money I save can go towards my SC, P2000, or 229.

DirtyWhiteBoy said:
Wish i could get my girlfriend to do that she's pissed i bought mine.
Mine says she was pissed when I bought mine also. (When I left my job, I bought it with my Paid Time Off check. :wink: )

Oh, and she says she didn't like the movie. She wanted to see it but it didn't meet expectations for her.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chupacabrachus said:
off- topic / non-xd thread?
I guess... but it pertained my XD so I put it here. The "Gods" can put it wherever they please.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,955 Posts
Take her shooting but dont offer her a chance to shoot. Women hate when they want to do something but are not offered to a chance to join in. Bet ya she asks to try it, if not that range session, it will be one soon after...lol :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, she'll shoot if we go to the range. She doesn't mind shooting it. She's new to it, but not afraid. :wink:

Oh, and she looks at it like... "if it's going to be in the house and on you all the time, I might as get famaliar and comfortable with it." I love that attitude. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Be carefull on how much the wife gets into them now everytime I go out to buy a gun I gotta bring two how one for the misses not a bad problem just a expensive one....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
This may go without saying, but I hope you've taught her how to clear a gun properly before "messing" with it.

My rule is, unless the gun is in a holster, it is always cleared before handle it in any manner. I'm sure you've got these little safety rules of thumb, though. :)

-stunks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
stunksinatl said:
This may go without saying, but I hope you've taught her how to clear a gun properly before "messing" with it.

My rule is, unless the gun is in a holster, it is always cleared before handle it in any manner. I'm sure you've got these little safety rules of thumb, though. :)

-stunks
She's definately safe with it. She wouldn't "mess" with it unless she was sure it was empty.

Ron xd357 said:
Be carefull on how much the wife gets into them now everytime I go out to buy a gun I gotta bring two how one for the misses not a bad problem just a expensive one....
I think it's going to be a while before I need to bring 2 guns home for both of us. But when that day comes (the first time)... I'll marry this woman. :D (She says that's never going to happen, so I'm never going to marry her. That works too!!! jk :p )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
DNM said:
40SWXDSHOOTER said:
I predict a new gun in your future :D .
She says no to that. I'll give it another week or so. lol She does have OC now which she's starting to carry. A friend bought a Smith and Wesson 642, which she has seen and held and I've hinted at getting one of those or something and XDSC for her to carry in a "purse" but I'm not going to get it unless she wants it. You know. That money I save can go towards my SC, P2000, or 229.

DirtyWhiteBoy said:
Wish i could get my girlfriend to do that she's pissed i bought mine.
Mine says she was pissed when I bought mine also. (When I left my job, I bought it with my Paid Time Off check. :wink: )

Oh, and she says she didn't like the movie. She wanted to see it but it didn't meet expectations for her.
Check out this thread.
http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=21790
Old School got his pinked out for his girl. My fiance saw it and has since stolen my XD9 and is waiting for me to "paint it" pink for her. Before that she was impartial to guns, didn't like or dislike, just kinda indifferent. She's now put about 1200 rounds of her own through this gun....
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top