Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The end of the longest ten days is currently 2.5 hours away. I cant wait to go and shoot a brand new pistol, pretty sure I'm going to need to buy 500 rounds right from the start ...

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
You should look into reloading. This way 500 rounds can be a normal range trip.

·
Premium Member
127,986 Posts
Just for the record, I don't love California.

·
Premium Member
2,834 Posts
I don't love it either stuck here for now but don't love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive had some experience with deer rifle reloads, maybe ill look into handgun ammo also. We skated out of there with 500 rounds each 9mm and .40 without being harassed. California is amazing, but the people and the state government leave much to be desired.

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
California is amazing, but the people and the state government leave much to be desired.
A now-deceased Brit friend of ours would vacation every year with his wife in France. He loved the country itself, but said, "It's too bloody bad it belongs to the French."

California is the same in that respect. After moving here 3-1/2 months ago, the difference to me is striking; Texans are the greatest people you'll ever meet. Sure you encounter an occasional jerk, but the percentage is extremely small. I don't miss living among people who are perpetually pissed-off about their lives.

The weather and scenery are great, but not worth the trade.

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
I like Cali...cause it makes Floriduh look good....lol

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
when i was young and was unaware that there was a "free" country outside of california (modesto, norcal), i loved it. the only thing i like about cali are my memories. im a certified okie now.
on another note, congrats on the purchase.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ten days? Heck, The only time I wait longer than ten minutes is if there is a line at the gun counter.

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
A now-deceased Brit friend of ours would vacation every year with his wife in France. He loved the country itself, but said, "It's too bloody bad it belongs to the French."

California is the same in that respect. After moving here 3-1/2 months ago, the difference to me is striking; Texans are the greatest people you'll ever meet. Sure you encounter an occasional jerk, but the percentage is extremely small. I don't miss living among people who are perpetually pissed-off about their lives.

The weather and scenery are great, but not worth the trade.
I just moved to Georgia from OC about 2 months ago. I get to buy standard cap mags and I got to take my bullet buttons off my rifles. It's been great except for the damn heat, lol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally got out and put some rounds through it. Just for fun I filled some Gatorade bottles with water and used those to plink. 180 gr shoots pretty smooth, doesn't seem as snappy as I have been warned it would be. Fun fun gun to shoot. Shot an actual target and the pistol seems to shoot a little low, but that could just be me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The only reason California is even lived in is because we have the best weather in the country hands down. Living in the Bay Area there's no worrys about digging cars out of snow, hurricanes, tornados or crazy hot, sticky weather. The beach is 30 minutes away and skiing is 2 1/2 hours. Earthquakes you say? Yeah, maybe every 30-40 years and it affects only a very small area... Total non issue. Worst case scenario here is 3 straight hours of light rain and it's 60 degrees. But believe me...we PAY for this weather in every other way.

Other than that, this place sucks when it comes to our government and our 2nd amendment rights. Texas is sounding better every day....especially if they pass the ammo ban here.

Oh and congrats on finishing that ridiculous 10 day wait OP!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks XDavin, its a S&W 4" bbl .38 spc. An old CHP revolver. And no **** Wild west. I live 11/2 hours from the beach, from the mountains, from skiing, etc. Im surrounded by places to hunt and fish or ride 4wheelers or dirtbikes or cruise the old Jeep in the best weather. Everything else sucks.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts