Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm not really a knife guy but am looking at getting a decent EDC.

I have been looking at the SOG Flash II or Trident.

during this process I have learned the wonders of the Microtech Mini or regular SOCOM Elite Auto.

I have been having an issue finding the SOCOM Elite for sale anywhere since it is such a highly reviewed knife and no longer produced.

Does anyone have any suggestions for something similar to the SOCOM Elite or know where I can find one for sale for a decent price.

I was also looking into local laws and it seems Iowa only has code in place for Auto knives if they are considered ballistic with spring loaded removable blades. Nothing specifically about spring loaded non removable blades.

I don't have to have an auto but I think it might be a nice feature.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
+1 on the Blur. They can be had on Ebay for around $50-$60.

In my OP. You just cannot beat a Blur for quality and price. It's also made in the USA!

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
For the cheap end kershaw.
For best bang for the buck zero tolerance
then there is emerson
Benchmade
Lone wolf
Microtech etc.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
For the cheap end kershaw.
For best bang for the buck zero tolerance
then there is emerson
Benchmade
Lone wolf
Microtech etc.
You left out Spyderco and HEST. Also, ESEE is coming out with the Izula folder hopefully later this year. It looks awesome! :D

ZT's are pretty awesome knives. I especially like the Matte Black Folder. A lot of them are Ken Onion designs like the Kershaw Blur, Blackout, Whirlwind etc.

It all depends on what he wants to spend.

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
You left out Spyderco and HEST. Also, ESEE is coming out with the Izula folder hopefully later this year. It looks awesome! :D

ZT's are pretty awesome knives. I especially like the Matte Black Folder. A lot of them are Ken Onion designs like the Kershaw Blur, Blackout, Whirlwind etc.

It all depends on what he wants to spend.
I've had a couple spyderco locks fail so I am not a big fan. Esee are very nice. Also ontario knives ranger series are similar but at a cheaper price point. Comes with a crappy sheath though.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
I've had a couple spyderco locks fail so I am not a big fan. Esee are very nice. Also ontario knives ranger series are similar but at a cheaper price point. Comes with a crappy sheath though.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk
Ontario used to make ESEE knives when they were called RAT. When they split Ontario kept the name RAT so hence changed their name to ESEE.

First I've heard about that for Spyderco.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts