Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here use the Yugoslavian surplus ammo in 7.62x39? Is it any cleaner/dirtier than Wolf, Tulammo or Brown Bear? I notice these have mildly corrosive primers. Is there anything extra that needs to be done when cleaning to make up for this?

Sorry I know this is an ammo question but since the majority of weapons chambered for 7.62x39 are of the Eastern Bloc variety I figured I'd get a better response by posting here.

·
Registered
691 Posts
when I shoot the corrosive stuff I will use Sweets 7.62 solvent to clean out the bore. Keep sending patches thru until they stop coming out blue. Then I dry swab the bore and put an oil patch thru. As a note of caution, I always clean outside when using this stuff.

·
Premium Member
12,144 Posts
In my experience all the Eastern Bloc ammo is pretty similar in terms of "dirtiness"; it just goes with the territory.

As for cleaning, give the bore and bolt face a good soaking with soapy water or Windex to wash out the primer salts and then clean and oil as usual.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
In my experience all the Eastern Bloc ammo is pretty similar in terms of "dirtiness"; it just goes with the territory.

As for cleaning, give the bore and bolt face a good soaking with soapy water or Windex to wash out the primer salts and then clean and oil as usual.
Yep, soapy water and then clean as normal.

There is no such thing as mildly corrosive. Its either corrosive or not. Ever seen a woman that was sort of pregnant??

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
the yugo M67 I have is beautiful. the brass is perfect. the copper is flawless. its sealed at the neck and at the primer. it shoots accurately and feels stronger than most I have fired.

its my personal favorite.

I ordered it from AIM and am very pleased with it as well their service. I didn't get the clips but I am ok with that.

Yugoslavian 7.62x39 on SKS Chargers 40rd box

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Agree with Bonehead. Probably 4-5k rounds through my ARs and the Yugo stuff is a bit cleaner and definitely more accurate than Wolf and BB in my guns. I break out the Sweets when I get home from the range and it's all good.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
good soaking with soap and water and Windex.
/\ This

And even though many ads about the yugo I have read says SLIGHTLY corrosive, it's like being pregnant or dead. It either is or isn't and no in-between's so treat it as corrosive.

I bought a tin of it a while back and it seems to be loaded a little hotter than wolf. Maybe it's just me, but it sounds like it is anyway.

I like the stuff, but is getting harder to find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts