Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kinda like this. I am interested, if this actually makes it to production, in seeing if it is reliable. I say this because it looks like it uses an extractor type device to chamber the round. Extractors seem to be the downfall of many different fireamrs. But damn, its a nice looking gun! Home

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
If this were to hit the market as a truly viable, reliable pocket 9 I would be pretty close to first in line for one, the Shorty that is. I pocket carry a Seecamp .380 now most of the time when an IWB setup doesn't work.

This really does look interesting, thanks for bringing it up. I'll be looking for them on the market.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
there is a video on the web site in teh "high speed" section of a person shooting the shorty version. truly a great looking and practical looking pistol in the video. The video gives a good idea of the size of the gun compared to the size of a hand.

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
there is a video on the web site in teh "high speed" section of a person shooting the shorty version. truly a great looking and practical looking pistol in the video. The video gives a good idea of the size of the gun compared to the size of a hand.
I took a look at that, it's what got me interested. If they can produce it reliably without charging 4 figures I'd very probably be right there in line for it.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i read a post on the high road where a $1200 price mentioned is claimed to be too high for what the designer is looking for.

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
i read a post on the high road where a $1200 price mentioned is claimed to be too high for what the designer is looking for.
Yup, I'd stay with the Seecamp before I did that. It's a little heavy but all gun for the weight, and has been flawless. They're going for about $300 more than I paid for mine on Gunbroker these days too.

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
whats up with the sigts ranger?

do you know if they make use of another common manufacturers sight ?

that seems to be the bum deal with the Rohrbaugh is the no sights on one model, and the other has weirdo sights.

what do you guys think of the kahr pm9.

kahr makes nice guns, i havent handled a mini gun seriously with the intent of buying one cause frankly i would rather wear different cloths and strap my .45 xd compact than carry a .380 or smaller.

A 9mm that small is very tempting. The kahr looks DAMN near the same size

kahr overlay

a kahr is around $697 the

Rohrbaugh =$1200 yuck and havent heard the greatest things about how reliable they are.

ROHRBAUGH R9S Smallest 9MM for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $1,119.00

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup, I'd stay with the Seecamp before I did that. It's a little heavy but all gun for the weight, and has been flawless. They're going for about $300 more than I paid for mine on Gunbroker these days too.
Sorry, I have been drinking a little, but the designer wants to keep it reasonable it seems. here is a quote:

"What kind of testing will be under the belt of a $1500.00 pocket gun...20,000 rounds and plenty of dirt? "

I don't know where you got the price - not many buyers at that level. I could have run 20k rounds through it if the ammo were still at $10/100 at Wall-Mart, but I have put through a lot fewer so far - only about 4500. I have not dumped dirt into it yet, but have been cycling Aguila and Brown Bear quite a bit. I am cleaning the breech area about every 400 rounds. The gun runs fine as long as the slide is free to move all or most of the way back. Limp-wristing has so far not had an effect on feeding.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm thinking chop the rail off, lose the forward cocking serrations, round the corners off, and checker the grips and front strap, and it would be pretty cool:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
Sorry, I have been drinking a little, but the designer wants to keep it reasonable it seems. here is a quote:

Originally Posted by 03RangerXLT
I've had a few myself, but I was just responding to this post. ;)

If it were over 1K I'd probably pass as the Seecamp does enough for me for a several hundred less.

It does look like a "Gentleman's Gun" though, IMO.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It does look like a "Gentleman's Gun" though, IMO.

Thats what I like about the look. If it functions as good as it looks, i would shell out $800 to $900 for it. But it would have to be a damn good functioning pistol. And the final production model would have to look as good as those pictured and be as well built as a Sig.

·
Premium Member
11,114 Posts
Thats what I like about the look. If it functions as good as it looks, i would shell out $800 to $900 for it. But it would have to be a damn good functioning pistol. And the final production model would have to look as good as those pictured and be as well built as a Sig.
Agreed! Tough to shell out that much dough! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
I'm interested... should be interesting to see if it every materializes. The problem is, how are they going to make it better than what is already available? Low price? Size? That's what made the P3AT such a popular little mouse-gun... they're dirt cheap and (with either a "fluff and buff" on an older gen, or a brand new gen) function well.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just in case anybody is as curious about this pistol as I am, here is an e-mail I recieved from the designer:

John,

Not a billion requests, but getting hundreds since February. Would be getting a lot more if production models were available, but that won't be until mid-next year.
Currently, the gun has polycarbonate grips, aircraft-aluminum frame (with stainless as an option) and stainless steel components (except for springs, which are plated).
A polymer gun is planned for a few years out (molds cost $40K-$100k).

Price goal is to keep both the XR9 and the XR9 Shorty under $1k.

Thanks for your interest and have a happy new year!

Sincerely,

Arne B. Boberg

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I have a PM9 that I got for $385. Best investment I ever made. Never a hic-up, more accurate than any other mouse gun plus it's chamgered in 9mm rather than something smaller. I carry it easily during the hot summer, but find myself reaching for it during the winter as well as you don't even know you're carrying it. DPX +P and PM9 were made for each other :twisted:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts