Springfield XD Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 401 Posts

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never had snakes here but has been a hot dry summer.
Saterday I was coming out of the house and this snake slide in front of me and scared the snot out of me caught me totally of gaurd spilt my coffee.I paid him back today I as in the yard where my Nextel works and it was sliding along took three shots and I blue it in half. :shock:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just for spilling your coffee? What happens if you get "cut off" on the way to work?

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think it as poisonous but I don't like them and if my wife would have seen it should would have had nightmares for a week.
Luckily my shop is only 15 feet from my house so I don't have to drive.Also I considered it as trespassing since it as on my patio

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
So...

Did that not require hearing protection?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Apparently you all havent been to Kentucky where if you dont swerve to run a snake over in the road its a crime!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Sympathy, has nothing to do with needless erradication of helpful animals.

you dont kill every bird in your way, and I doubt a snake ever crapped on your car.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I have 3 of them, including this one:

I understand that some people have an inherent fear of snakes. Usually due to their parent's fear of snakes. I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone tell me they've just killed a copperhead in the back yard, only to find out it was a water snake.

Sorry you feel that you have to kill a snake in your yard. They really are valuable to the environment. Then again, I hate cats. To each his own. It's a shame that I would probably be prosecuted for killing a neighbor's cat in my yard though, but not a snake. Actually, it's illegal in my state to kill any snake.

And I would never kill a cat, I'm just not that type of guy.

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
I don't feel sorry for the snake. . . although I myself wouldn't have shot a snake unless it was large.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
TheWillis said:

you dont kill every bird in your way, and I doubt a snake ever crapped on your car.
+1

This was needless!

I absolutely loathe "RATTLESNAKE ROUND UPS"

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
XD BACKUP GUN said:
TheWillis said:

+1

This was needless!

I absolutely loathe "RATTLESNAKE ROUND UPS"
Those RATTLESNAKE ROUND UPS are for food and for making anti venom serum.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
one-eyed-fatman said:
Wow,

I won't go into that statement except to say that they are absolutely not for food and anti-venom. These are just byproducts of a celebration of the eradication of rattlesnakes.

And I doubt Wyeth and whoever makes Crofab are buying their venom from the amateur Texan milking a rattlesnake in front of a crowd of bystanders in a dusty show arena. I'm sure it's from snakes milked in labs under controlled environments.

Could you imagine a showcase centered around the gassing (as in, the unrestricted pumping of gasoline into dens) and burning out of forest habitat to collect hundreds of deer, and then having cute little southern girls skin and gut the deer alive while a crowd looks on in amazement? No. But because they're snakes, it's totally OK.

PETA I ain't, but anyone who thinks that the rattlesnake roundups are primarily for food and antivenom is fooling themselves.

Sorry, I guess I did go into it a bit. No personal offense meant to anyone, Texans included.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Polymerhead said:
one-eyed-fatman said:
Wow,

I won't go into that statement except to say that they are absolutely not for food and anti-venom. These are just byproducts of a celebration of the eradication of rattlesnakes.

And I doubt Wyeth and whoever makes Crofab are buying their venom from the amateur Texan milking a rattlesnake in front of a crowd of bystanders in a dusty show arena. I'm sure it's from snakes milked in labs under controlled environments.

Could you imagine a showcase centered around the gassing (as in, the unrestricted pumping of gasoline into dens) and burning out of forest habitat to collect hundreds of deer, and then having cute little southern girls skin and gut the deer alive while a crowd looks on in amazement? No. But because they're snakes, it's totally OK.

PETA I ain't, but anyone who thinks that the rattlesnake roundups are primarily for food and antivenom is fooling themselves.

Sorry, I guess I did go into it a bit. No personal offense meant to anyone, Texans included.
+1

That is a bunch of lies....the food and venom collection are done to make it seem less barbaric!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I do hate snakes. I grew up in the country and had a few close encounters with rattlesnakes. Any rattlesnake I see dies. I'm not going to apologize for it. I don't care if "roundups" are for purpose or entertainment - kill them all and make the rattlesnake extinct.. I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over it. We were taught to leave garter snakes, black snakes, etc, but rattlers got the hoe.

Some of you don't agree with me, but oh well.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
adrock25 said:
I do hate snakes. I grew up in the country and had a few close encounters with rattlesnakes. Any rattlesnake I see dies. I'm not going to apologize for it. I don't care if "roundups" are for purpose or entertainment - kill them all and make the rattlesnake extinct.. I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over it.

Some of you don't agree with me, but oh well.
Let your home runeth over with rats!

1 - 20 of 401 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.