Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After wanting one for a long time I finally pulled the trigger.
Parkerized with night sights.

Now for the silly questions.

I have had several new guns including an XDm9 and Beretta 92F and a couple used 1911s. With all of them the mag slides in smothly and will drop out with gravity when the release is pushed. In my new 1911 You have to push the release to insert the mag or slam it in. To remove after release is pushed you have to pull the mag out. Both factory mags. I have a couple Colt mags and they are not as tight but still don't act like either of my other two 1911s.
Is this just a breakin issue?

Also the trigger has a lot on movement before it fires, I thought the Loadeds had better triggers.

·
Registered
100 Posts
congrats!

I just ordered a SA 1911 loaded too, but in 9mm.

Although, It seems like I have to wait awhile. Doesn't bother me though.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Congrats on the new 1911...Pics or didn't happen...:)

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
I have had several new guns including an XDm9 and Beretta 92F and a couple used 1911s. With all of them the mag slides in smothly and will drop out with gravity when the release is pushed. In my new 1911 You have to push the release to insert the mag or slam it in. To remove after release is pushed you have to pull the mag out. Both factory mags. I have a couple Colt mags and they are not as tight but still don't act like either of my other two 1911s.
Is this just a breakin issue?

Also the trigger has a lot on movement before it fires, I thought the Loadeds had better triggers.
The mags issue should go away as the springs wear a little. As long as it goes in smoothly with the mag release pushed then the grip screws and frame are not rubbing the mag body. Sometimes the U shaped portion of the mag catch can rub on the mag body and needs a to be worked just a bit but normally that goes away after a couple hundred rounds.

How much play do you have? The Loaded does not get a trigger job but it should have less than 1/4" or so of pre travel before it breaks.

Congrats on the Loaded BTW.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Congrats on the new 1911...Pics or didn't happen...:)

You are getting on my nerves, Kidding :p

The pretravel is a little less than 1/4 inch but way more than my other two 1911s

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
The pretravel is a little less than 1/4 inch but way more than my other two 1911s
Not sure what other kinds you have but my Loadeds are about the same as the factory triggers on my Kimbers, Colt, and other SA 1911s. The triggers are definitely better on my LB, Dad's Wilson, and my 1911s that had trigger jobs but I would expect them to be.

·
Registered
114 Posts
All is well with your Loaded, just put some rounds downrange and it will break in to your liking. I have 300+ rounds thru mine and do not plan to do anything to it part wise until I get 1000 rounds thru it. Just my 0.02:)

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Congrats! :cool:

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
:cry: I want one...

Haha, congrats. Now go shoot it!:D

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Congrats

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just brought home a loaded operator. It was pre loved but I got it for a bit more than a new milspec. I'm stoked. Its got the nice finger groove grips and an Ed brown 2 piece guide rod installed. I might put the single piece back in though.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts