Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well kinda....
i bought two pmags for a total of $40 and sold them for $80 to a guy at the range that just "had to have them" so i made $40 profit turned around and ordered 3 pmags online for a total of $57 shipped (they are now out of stock)
so in the end i only ended up paying $17 for my 3 pmags.

now before you guys call me a price gouger i really didnt want to sell them but once he offered $80 i just couldnt say no. he was happy and so was I so its a win win i guess, but i dont understand how you could be happy about paying $80 for two mags but he was very thankful i sold them to him, and had a big dumb a$$ grin on his face.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
I had dinner at On The Border last night for around $15.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I like it.
Free market.
It's worth what it's worth at the time. Soon, we will all be paying $40 for used high capacity mag's.

·
Registered
367 Posts
well kinda....
i bought two pmags for a total of $40 and sold them for $80 to a guy at the range that just "had to have them" so i made $40 profit turned around and ordered 3 pmags online for a total of $57 shipped (they are now out of stock)
so in the end i only ended up paying $17 for my 3 pmags.

now before you guys call me a price gouger i really didnt want to sell them but once he offered $80 i just couldnt say no. he was happy and so was I so its a win win i guess, but i dont understand how you could be happy about paying $80 for two mags but he was very thankful i sold them to him, and had a big dumb a$$ grin on his face.
I wouldn't call that gouging since he offered it to you. It'd been different if you came out and said 80$ or no deal. if some schmoe has to have them and offers you a crazy price why not take it?

I've sold a 12$ baseball cap of mine once for 50$ because the guy liked the way it was broke in and busted up. granted I really liked the cap and it was a perfect break-in/ worn look but I couldn't pass up some guy offering that much for it... he said he sucked at getting caps to break in properly and that he had to have it.

I say good job, just don't start posting in the EE "2 Pmags for 80$" :razz:

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
WOW, he really wanted them? I would never pay that much for 2 Pmags that is crazy.

·
Premium Member
4,842 Posts
His fault. Good deal for you.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Good for you, man. If the guy is crazy, or stupid, or otherwise desperate enough to pay that kind of money for them and he got what he wanted...sounds like a great deal all around.

Now I have a sudden urge to head out to the range with about 15 PMags and see how I make out by the end of the day!!! ;)

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I guess the guy doesn't have the internet to just find some online, huh? I'm a business major, so my idea of price gouging is a bit different than most. I'd say you got a great deal and that guy overpaid, but nothing more. Either way, good steal!

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Good for you, man. If the guy is crazy, or stupid, or otherwise desperate enough to pay that kind of money for them and he got what he wanted...sounds like a great deal all around.

Now I have a sudden urge to head out to the range with about 15 PMags and see how I make out by the end of the day!!! ;)
LOL I was just thinking the same thing! I have a total of 30 PMags windowed (6 courtesy of T.J)... I wonder if... hmmmm

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh and these two were the ones i got from TJ

·
Registered
902 Posts
He offered the dough and is happy. No harm, no foul, and good for you!

Some folks don't want to deal with trying to find things and would rather pay more to get it on the spot. I have a friend that likes to buy stuff I've tried and kept because he knows I trust it, never mind not having to spend his own time & ammo money for testing (and I do his assembly for free since he's a friend).

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i can see where he is coming from though some times i really want something and i havent been able to get it i would be willing to pay more. but in this case they are available you just have to wait and look around. but i guess the time ive spent finding the magazines is worth something

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
Did you get his number. I might have some things that he just has to have. Help us make some money too. LOL.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dude wheres my cut :cool: I had to offer those of from my personal stash just to keep my end of the XXXX
well thank you mister buzz kill :p lol

well thank you for selling me those and even though i got a good price i kinda wish i didnt sell them :( but i just couldnt in my right mind say no.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts