Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A gun dealer today told me that possibily this summer Sprinfield is making a new super compact pistol, smaller than the Khar pistols. He thought it was going to be in the XD family but didn't sound too sure.

Has anyone heard any more on this? Sounds like a great gun to look forward too!

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
A gun dealer today told me that possibily this summer Sprinfield is making a new super compact pistol, smaller than the Khar pistols. He thought it was going to be in the XD family but didn't sound too sure.

Has anyone heard any more on this? Sounds like a great gun to look forward too!
Yes there have been some post of SA making a single stack small gun later this year. I think it was James at Shot Show that kind of heard that. Nothing is confirmed but seems to be a good market that they should pursue, time will tell.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Welcome to the fourm from Louisiana. I don't think we will se it anytime soon.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes there have been some post of SA making a single stack small gun later this year. I think it was James at Shot Show that kind of heard that. Nothing is confirmed but seems to be a good market that they should pursue, time will tell.
From a marketing stand point it sure makes sense and it would be a great revenue stream for SA. They are a business and making money is their goal it least it should be.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Yea, everyone I talked to seemed to confirm that this type of pistol is what the employees them selves want next. And without directly saying it wink wink, smile this is coming. But don't hold your breath. If you go by the last couple of years the new model wont get officially announced until right around Nov/Dec.

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
an XDm style single stack that is small and thin. women would flock to it. men would too but the biggest issue I come across with women I know is they are more scared of the bigger thicker feeling handguns. something smaller that fits their hands gives better control and that feeling is hard to do with a double stack grip. I think the bigger it is the more intimidated they are. at least its that way with some women I know. your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
an XDm style single stack that is small and thin. women would flock to it. men would too but the biggest issue I come across with women I know is they are more scared of the bigger thicker feeling handguns. something smaller that fits their hands gives better control and that feeling is hard to do with a double stack grip. I think the bigger it is the more intimidated they are. at least its that way with some women I know. your mileage may vary.
I think you're partially right. Many women that I've worked with like the IDEA of a small gun. Then, they go to rack the slide ... and frequently can't. Or, they can't rack the slide as easily as they can with a full-size gun. That's when the little gun drops down the list a ways.

Then, they shoot the little gun ... and it drops to the bottom of the list.

Very few women who've tried my Kahr PM9 and Beretta 92FS end up preferring the Kahr. The 92FS is my only semi-auto that my wife actually enjoys shooting. The slide is easy and the recoil is next to nothing.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts