Springfield XD Forum banner

I have lost my virginity!!!!

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  UP ST NY TRANSPLANT 
#1 ·
Pistol virginity that is.
Although I grew up with guns and a family that was and is big into hunting
I will be the first to admit that my pistol experience is limited to an old ruger 22 long rifle pistol that I may have put mabey 100 rounds through in 10 years.
I went to the range last night (shooting indoors was a new thing for me too) with my new XD-9,walmart range bag & a 100 rounds of both PMC FMJ and WW FMJ. A little nervous I got my targets and my lane and started shooting. Not trying to win any matches I just wanted to through some lead down range and get the feel of the gun. 150 Rounds latter I can officially say I suck, my accuracy needs work. I did enjoy the hell out of it though and I can't wait to go back.
I think I have found a new passion...

#6 ·
sjp2452 thanks for the link.

I have learned alot about the effect of proper technic and practice w/ my archery experience. i started out having a hard time hitting the target let alone the bulls eye but the more I practice the better I became and thats how I am approaching my future in handgunning.
The more info i can get about proper technic the better and of course I plan on loging many hours at the range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.