Why does one have to go?

(I'll give ya 10 bucks)

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
You know for the zombies or aliens. You will have one for each hand.

It's smart to have a matched set for 2 hand shooting! Hard to keep track with 12 shots in one hand and 8 in the other. Also hard to reload when you have to haul 2 types of mags, etc.

Maybe I should up my offer to $15 for that nasty old junky 1911?

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
$10 + $390 = $400. what brand/model of 1911? where are you?
stop the suspense - get it up in the classified section ;)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Why would you want to get rid of one of them?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Keep um both. As it turns out I have (3) .45's . . . XDm .45, TRP Operator, and a Colt Gold Cup. Nice little family of big power. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
You're going to miss the 1911 soon.
XDs are good pistols.
But you will miss the slim profile and the solid all-steel balance of the 1911.

You will miss the history... You're transported back about 100 years, to the Philippine Islands. The tough wiry Moro warrior is charging you with his Kris sword, the wavy edge glistening in the sun..His eyes glaring at you like icy death....his face expressing the grim reaper determination to soak up whatever you hit him with, just to get close enough to slice your head off or fatally nick your jugular. You take a quick aim with your 1911...fire at his chest...his momentum keeps driving him forward, but he crumples a foot away from you, his Kris sword almost touching your boots...you suddenly wake up in a cold sweat. Glad it was only a dream! Your heart is pounding so loud it numbs your senses. You reach for your 1911...the steel, the solid feel of steel like an extension of your hand...you feel confident and safe. Warmth returns to your body...you return to reality, but you're holding history in your hands, your Colt 1911! You survived a historical Moro charge.

Oh, you will miss it. I made that mistake once. Never again! Now, I got my 1911s back. Several of them.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I traded in my Kimber UC II for my XD9sc. I loved that little Kimber but damn, it was a frustrating gun. Too much effort to keep it shooting right. Always having to tune the extractor, etc.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts