Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a new walther P22 and the saftey is not working the S and F
on the gun i put it on fire it fires i put it on safe it fires.
SO THE PEOPLE who do have them could u chime in and give some feed back
an let me no how yours works and if there is a secret>
iT SEEMS TO ME IT ACTS LIKE ALMOST A DE COCKER

PS i have my 100 member now

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Had the same "problem" when I got mine.
The hammer will drop on either setting. When it is on "safe" it will keep the hammer from hitting the firing pin but the hammer will still fall.
Try this, put an empty mag in the gun, put the gun on "safe" ( lever pointing down ) and pull the trigger. The hammer should fall. Now look VERY closely at the hammer from the side while you snick the safety to the "Fire" position. You should see the hammer fall just a tiny bit more. This is the trigger block getting out of the way.
Report back and let us know what happened, the P22 is a great little gun.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Yeah, the P22 will release the hammer any time the trigger is pulled. Like Kaboom said, it will drop on either setting. You can see the safety lever and hammer "block" rotate in unison...there is a cam on it that stops the hammer from stiking the pin.

I agree...the P22's are great!

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Well to tell an embarassing story about the P22. I was at the range teaching my brother how to shoot and I rented the P22. I don't know why but when wae were about to shoot I thought that the safe was fire and the fire was safe so we were pulling the trigger to hear *Click* instead of *Bang*. Then looking at it like a chimp trying to do geometry I figured it out. Literal thought was. Ohhhhhhh its like a Beretta safety. I'm such an idiot.

Well thankfully figured it out then went through the 100 rounds I had bought. My brother was actually a pretty good shot. But he kinda prefers archery.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Well to tell an embarassing story about the P22. I was at the range teaching my brother how to shoot and I rented the P22. I don't know why but when wae were about to shoot I thought that the safe was fire and the fire was safe so we were pulling the trigger to hear *Click* instead of *Bang*. Then looking at it like a chimp trying to do geometry I figured it out. Literal thought was. Ohhhhhhh its like a Beretta safety. I'm such an idiot.

Well thankfully figured it out then went through the 100 rounds I had bought. My brother was actually a pretty good shot. But he kinda prefers archery.

I did the same thing with mine, except its more embarassing. It was like, my 10th outing when I had that problem.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I did the same thing with mine, except its more embarassing. It was like, my 10th outing when I had that problem.
Ditto, I was shooting at turtles and kept cycling out rounds thinking they were duds lol 3 or 4 rounds later I had my "DOH!" moment and flipped off the safety lol

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Those two stories made me laugh and made me feel less like an idiot. I am still one but for other reasons.:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Why can't they just make stuff "normal"?

I'm a huge fan of decock only DA/SA guns.
Hey its been a long time since I've seen you around. Are ever going to bring back the mustache picture?

I'm more of a fan of SA only pistols. But I still don't really one any. Except maybe my S&W 22A

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Why can't they just make stuff "normal"?

I'm a huge fan of decock only DA/SA guns.
Just leave the safety in the "safe" position, the DA of the P22 is much like a Sig or other DA/SA pistols that lack a safety.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
I thought the same thing when I got my P22. I learned pretty quick after I ran some rounds through it and decided to try it loaded. I felt pretty stupid but never shared this story until today.

I have a Gemetech Outback II silencer coming for mine. Waiting on the paperwork and approval process now

·
Registered
149 Posts
I did the same thing.. then went and had the range master look at it and he told me I had bad ammo. Someone walking bad over heard looked at my gun turned the safety switch and fired the first rounds through my new hand gun. Was so disappointed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts