Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So let me start off by telling you my girlfriend was very opposed to me getting a gun. After getting the gun i finally convinced her to try shooting with me to hopefully make her more comfortable with guns. So for her first trip i started her off with a 22 then she felt comfortable and i moved her up to a 9mm. Now she has been hassiling me to take her again for the last couple weeks. So today i take her and she wants to try my tactical XD-40 and i warned her it kicks quite a bit more and then she went at it. DAM!!!! HER. She was shooting 1" groups @ 15 yards and the closest grouping i can get was 3-4" :evil: . Some guys there were asking me how to get close groups and i was embarassed to say uhhhh you have to ask my girlfriend. Oh well i created a monster at least i have a shooting buddy now

·
Registered
11,060 Posts
I would make sure I learn the following phrase and use it often.

"Yes dear. Anything you say, dear."

Get a grip man!

Just kidding.

Seriously though, try to get her to explain it to you. As soon as she figures it out, she'll be so fixated on it that she'll probably shoot like crap.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I've read that some of the best first time shooters are women, because they don't have a set "macho" image in their minds that they can shoot. Some guys think they are naturals because they are men. With women, it's another story because they are basically a "clean" canvas and what they learn is what they practice.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My wife went to the range with me last night and did exceptionally well for only her second time ever. I couldn't believe what a good shot she is!

·
Premium Member
22,433 Posts
just be glad she enjoys shooting sports
we all need to get as many women invloved in the sports of shooting , after they find out the enjoyment it brings maybe a few more votes in the bills we need to vote in and vote down???

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
hobocircus said:
I've read that some of the best first time shooters are women, because they don't have a set "macho" image in their minds that they can shoot. Some guys think they are naturals because they are men. With women, it's another story because they are basically a "clean" canvas and what they learn is what they practice.
+1 and they tend to have better hand eye coordination than us guys do. And they LISTEN (look at the front sight :lol: ) ALL of the women that I have taught to shoot did better on their first trip than any of the men.

·
Registered
768 Posts
be happy! she may save your a-- someday. 8)

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
1" groups

you may hate her but I might love her :lol:

I wish my wife would shoot with me

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just save up that frustration for when her shot groups start to widen out after she gets cocky. In the meantime, revel in the fact that you have converted one of the firearm non-believers to the light.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you hate her as your girlfriend now, imagine how much you'll hate her as your wife 10 years down the road !! :)

Did I say that ??

Randy.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Like many have said...Just be glad she likes to shoot. I can't say my fiance "loves" to shoot(at least she hasn't expressed that to me yet) but she does "like" to shoot. Haven't had her shoot on paper yet, but hell, I haven't even put my XD on paper yet :roll: My main goal is to get her to shoot my A-bolt 7mm-08 deer rifle one of these days. Gotta get her worked up to it first tho, don't wanna get her afraid of guns this quick.

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
Not only does my fiancee love going to the range with me, she ALWAYS shoots tighter and more accurate groups than I do. I'm very proud of her abilities with a firearm. I tell her I'm going to hire her as my bodyguard.

It is true about women and how they "get it" easier than guys do w/ things like shooting a firearm. Maybe the macho theory is true. I usually feel like I have to do well because I'm a guy, and it's "expected" from society that the man is the protector of his family. But, once we're married, we'll BOTH be the protectors.

It is very awesome to have your significant other (wife, fiancee, g/f, whatever) go shooting with you. It's another way of spending quality time together. We have a tradition of going shooting, then out to a chinese buffet to pig out. It's like the perfect date!

·
Registered
215 Posts
From the female side, yes it truly is nice to have shooting in common with hubby....

in fact, today is one of our shooting days.

Only thing is (and I am sure many would not think this is a problem), it would be nice if once in a while a gift from him was NOT weapon related.

:lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts