Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Id rather name them Burger, rug, and teddy. Bears will keep deer out of an area. Unfortantly we lease the land and dont have bear rights to it.

·
Registered
791 Posts
hey how far are you from georgia? cause we are gettin em back in north georgia also...one was actually spotted near my hometown in south georgia the other day. yet no one can kill them

·
Registered
698 Posts
Well you may not being able to kill them....but I bet if you gave them a good wrasslin' and hurt their pride they would think twice about sticking around out of pure shame..other bears laughing at them, calling them names....that's what I'd do...

·
Premium Member
128,276 Posts
Well you may not being able to kill them....but I bet if you gave them a good wrasslin' and hurt their pride they would think twice about sticking around out of pure shame..other bears laughing at them, calling them names....that's what I'd do...

Great advice! :)

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
hey how far are you from georgia? cause we are gettin em back in north georgia also...one was actually spotted near my hometown in south georgia the other day. yet no one can kill them

There have been TWO spotted in DOWN TOWN BIRMINGHAM!!! Can you believe that?! :confused: Two black bears in a city. It must be global warming. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
791 Posts
There have been TWO spotted in DOWN TOWN BIRMINGHAM!!! Can you believe that?! :confused: Two black bears in a city. It must be global warming. :rolleyes:

noooo....its climate change...but obviously the population has made a pretty good rebound, but we're still far from having an open season on them like we have with deer. here in ga i was looking at trying to get a license for it but they dont offer licenses...its one of the tag things with a lottery...so you'll never get that. but i saw the rules and they were to the affect of like bear can only be taken 2 or 3 days a year...must be over 75 pounds and cant have cubbs...so pretty much dont kill a bear haha

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Cute little bears. We have somewhat larger black bears running around.

NOT ME and unfortunately NOT MY KILL. But I do know the guy on the right that helped track the bear. 650+ pounds and looks to be the new WI state record based on skull dimensions. That was killed in October near Hudson WI. A heavier bear was killed in September too. WI state record for black bear is over 700.

·
Registered
120 Posts
im up in colorado and have just little old black bears and no big deal they run from every thing i do keep a 357 with 180 gr bear load in it just cuz i do have kids and well as long as you dont feed them i think they are all ok thats just me thou

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Even around here where the bears can occasionally run big, they are skittish and run off to avoid contact with people.

Doesn't mean that they don't still scare the pee out of you when you turn a corner at night wearing sent free camo and see on on the trail 20 yard ahead of you with cubs!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts