Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the jest of it.... I was watching a guy deal meth behind my house so I called the cops and started to take pictures of what he was doing. He saw me taking pictures and walked over on to my patio and pulled a gun telling me to give him my camera. I pulled my XDsc and forced him to the ground. Turns out he had a BB gun but I kept my knee in his back and my gun on him until the cops showed up. Now I hope he just pleads guilty so I don't have to waste a day going to court. The police told me I would have been well within my rights if I had shot him. Glad to know local LEOs have my back. Now I get to go buy a new SD card.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Good work. if need be testify against that POS.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Good job

If you don't mind....could you share a little more on how it went down.....where you on the phone with 911 the whole time? What happened when the cops rolled up and saw you with a gun to the guy?

Don't answer if you don't feel its appropriate though...nothing but respect for you

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good work. if need be testify against that POS.
Oh you can bet your a$$ I will

Good job

If you don't mind....could you share a little more on how it went down.....where you on the phone with 911 the whole time? What happened when the cops rolled up and saw you with a gun to the guy?

Don't answer if you don't feel its appropriate though...nothing but respect for you
I called the non emergency number because I have call 911 about a similar issue before and they didn't like that to much. When the cop showed up he drew his gun and told me to drop mine and back away and to keep my hand where he could could see them as he called for back up which I did. We both got cuffed as they figured out what was going on. I told them my side and showed them the pictures. I got pictures of a hand to hand deal and the coming into my yard and 1 of him with gun in hand which is when i dropped the camera and pulled my firearm. With my pictures alone its pretty open and shut.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I would have just shop that POS. Now you need to watch your back since he knows (and soon his friends) where you live. Dead men tell nothing..... unless you're CIS or Bones :p

But none the less, good for you man! Put that POS away! Just please watch your back for the next few month + ;)

·
Administrator
22,465 Posts
Im glad you didnt shoot cause some people cant handle the after math. Im glad you came out of this situation unharmed. He is a lucky guy for you having some serious trigger control. I know I would of shot the bastard!

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
I called the non emergency number because I have call 911 about a similar issue before and they didn't like that to much. When the cop showed up he drew his gun and told me to drop mine and back away and to keep my hand where he could could see them as he called for back up which I did. We both got cuffed as they figured out what was going on. I told them my side and showed them the pictures. I got pictures of a hand to hand deal and the coming into my yard and 1 of him with gun in hand which is when i dropped the camera and pulled my firearm. With my pictures alone its pretty open and shut.
That sounds exactly like I would expect and honestly hope for if I were in the same situation. I hate the idea of being in cuffs, but completely understand how the cop handled the situation, and would respect it as so......sounds like it went as good as it could have.

Thanks for sharing, and again....good job.

Those pics you took I think is the best thing you could have done....

Did they take your gun? I have heard that is standard operating procedure, but doesn't always happen.......

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
idiot is luck to still be breathing. the second he pulled a gun you were well within your rights to have killed him

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That sounds exactly like I would expect and honestly hope for if I were in the same situation. I hate the idea of being in cuffs, but completely understand how the cop handled the situation, and would respect it as so......sounds like it went as good as it could have.

Thanks for sharing, and again....good job.

Those pics you took I think is the best thing you could have done....

Did they take your gun? I have heard that is standard operating procedure, but doesn't always happen.......
I was given my gun back with ammo out of mag and mag out of gun and slide off of gun too. I guess they can never be to safe.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
He pulls a gun and you did not dump any rounds? Great trigger control, at what point did you realize it was a BB gun? I don't know if waiting for him to cut loose a round would have been prudent.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Good work. From the pictures to holding him for the cops I don't think it could have gone any better. Hope he learned his lesson and goes elsewhere cause you know he will be dealing again as soon as he is out.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Damn man, if I am ever in the same situation, I hope to have the same control as you! I am not sure if I would have pulled the trigger, but can't imagine it being a good thing. Especially if my kids and wife were around!

·
Registered
822 Posts
I myself would have just notified the police and let them deal with it since they are getting paid to enforce the law and I am not. I do not go out of my way to put myself into such a situation as you have done in this instance. I carry a weapon to defend myself and my loved ones not to act as citizen drug enforcement. Next time it may not be a BB gun so you may want to rethink why it is you really carry a firearm.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
evil wins when good men do nothing

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so here is a question that might not have been asked, what about the person buying? he is in the pics too right? that could be bonus points to get them too!
I got the whole exchange even the buyers vehicle

I myself would have just notified the police and let them deal with it since they are getting paid to enforce the law and I am not. I do not go out of my way to put myself into such a situation as you have done in this instance. I carry a weapon to defend myself and my loved ones not to act as citizen drug enforcement. Next time it may not be a BB gun so you may want to rethink why it is you really carry a firearm.
I took the pictures from inside my house out my back door.Dude came into my backyard, Its not like I went out there and confronted him. I have just called the police before and by the time they come around they have no drugs on them or are gone.

He pulls a gun and you did not dump any rounds? Great trigger control, at what point did you realize it was a BB gun? I don't know if waiting for him to cut loose a round would have been prudent.
I realized it was a BB gun when he got within 10 feet of me or so. He was going to try and take the camera from my hand I believe.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
I was given my gun back with ammo out of mag and mag out of gun and slide off of gun too. I guess they can never be to safe.
Lol, that's funny they took it down that far, but I would be happy they gave it back......probably the pictures helped with that as well...too much direct evidence to even doubt you were in the right......

Good luck with the situation in the future

1 - 20 of 70 Posts