Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2nd day at the range today and the XD-9 tactical performed flawlessly. I had some fun watching others jam. Glocks, Rugers, and S&W- everyone else seemed to be plagued with jamming issues; that is, everyone EXCEPT me! :D The XD-9, with a little imput from me, held a nice pattern. It was enough to draw a few onlookers to ask what I was shooting. I showed them and then surprised them with, " it's only my second outing with it." In fact, it is only the third range trip with any handgun...the first being with a heavy Beretta 92F over a year ago. So, consider this a testimony to the shootability of the XD. As far as ammo used, I was using the cheap stuff....Winchester 115gr. FMJ. No problems what so ever with feeding or extracting.

Oh, in addition, I did notice something today which I am sure has everything to do with me. My best group seems to be my first magazine. I think this has something to do with as I shoot magazine after magazine, I start to aquire an anticipation of the shot as I squeeze the trigger and this may be throwing my sight picture off in the last few miliseconds before firing. Anyone else experience this? If so, I welcome the comments and suggestions.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's called a flinch, and it's very common. To get around it, squeeze the trigger nice and slowly. Concentrate on smoothly ramping up the pressure while maintaining proper sight alignment --- don't try to figure out when the trigger will break. You want to be taken completely by surprise when the pistol actually fires. This will condition your brain to the gun firing without a flinch, and eventually, that reflex will wear away.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts