Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 3 and put 3 full mags worth of ammo through each one, my reloads and factory 9 loads. Zero issues, they fed every time and my G48 has yet to experience any issues of any kind. Mags dropped free when released, no big problem to fit all 15 rounds in them, no sharp edges or seams, the mags seemed quality in all respects.

They look like standard metal mags for any gun, they just happen to fit 15 rounds and fit a G48. Shield Arms also has a 5 round extension for it that I'm going to buy 1 of as soon as they get back in stock.

They're $40 bucks, so not cheap (unless you're comparing them to HK mags) and you need to change the mag release ($25) to an aluminum one vs the stock polymer one. That's an easy upgrade and no reason not to do it anyway.

My Gen 5 G19 and S&W M&P 2.0 just became rather obsolete. I'm very fond of both of them so I'm not selling them but there's no reason to carry either, just to have a thicker gun with the same round count.

So I'm a big thumbs up on these mags. They're high quality and reliable and turn a very good carry gun into an excellent carry gun. The G48 is thin and easy to carry in an IWB. I have a grip laser on mine and an Apex trigger, and now with my spare mag I'm carrying 31 rounds in my typical carry configuration. It's barely thicker than my Shield but carries a whole lot more rounds.

I included a couple of pictures to see the differences. In the first there are 3 mags below my G48, the Shield Arms 15 rounder, the stock Glock 10 round mag, and the stock Glock 10 round mag with a 2 round extension on it. My G19 and Beretta LTT are also in the picture. On the second picture you get an idea of how much thinner the G48 is than the G19.

Also, the range had a G44 in stock so I got to mess around with it. I liked it, nice solid feel like any other Glock except lighter. Get a reliable 15-20 mag and it would be a lot of fun at the range.

g1.jpg
g2.jpg

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Does it stick out further then the factory mag? Thinking about getting a couple for my 43x.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it stick out further then the factory mag? Thinking about getting a couple for my 43x.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. I should have taken a picture. As flush as the stock mag.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Nice Snap ! Glad to hear this...I finally got my shipping notice for mine early this morning..Looking forward to these for sure..Good deal !

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks for the writeup and pics, this is a fine report.

Mine came a little over a week ago. In my silver-slide 48 they drop free but would not lock back, and I had several live fire feed failures. Seems the silver-slide frames are a little different from the black-slide frames, and a +10% mag spring is expected to fix both problems. Manual lock back is very positive now with the new springs in place, but I have not had a chance to live fire test them again. The guy at Shield I spoke with seemed confident the springs would fix both issues, so I am looking forward to good results.

·
Registered
18,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the writeup and pics, this is a fine report.

Mine came a little over a week ago. In my silver-slide 48 they drop free but would not lock back, and I had several live fire feed failures. Seems the silver-slide frames are a little different from the black-slide frames, and a +10% mag spring is expected to fix both problems. Manual lock back is very positive now with the new springs in place, but I have not had a chance to live fire test them again. The guy at Shield I spoke with seemed confident the springs would fix both issues, so I am looking forward to good results.
That's the first I've heard of the stainless / black slides being different, thanks.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Very cool! Congrats!

I just got a G48 about a week ago too. Fantastic gun! I love the thinner grip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts