Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got it guys! Got my CCW in the mail today in FL. I had my appt. on June 27th...quite a fast turnaround time from what I see on the forums. I will be doing my Wally Walk in a few hours :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Congrats

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Congrats!:D

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Congrtulations! You have "made the grade".

·
Registered
78 Posts
Congrats. I'm still waitin in mine. Feels like forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Congratulations

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My Wally Walk went pretty well, I had my girlfriend spot for me. Only issue I had is when we went out to eat I was putting the car seat for the baby far back in the booth and I leaned over too far but she spotted it right away and nobody saw...phew.

Also I found the 4.5 XDm isn't so bad to carry as I have heard from the local gun shop etc, I have a Double Phalanx holster from Shielded Holsters - Custom Handcrafted Holsters. Went with that over the CBST because its a tad bit cheaper and I got it in like 4 days instead of weeks, it was a good buy for $50 though...a good starter.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
congrats. i wouldn't worry about showing too much, most people aren't even paying attention or looking for it. i have been carrying for a bit and like everything you read on here, you're more nervous/aware than 95% of the people walking around. the 5% that are aware are probably carrying also so it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
i just checked out the site for the holster. that's a nice looking rig! i like the stitching on the edges. is it one piece of leather or two? i use a glaco king tuk and it's two pieces. is it pretty comfy or do you notice it when wearing?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i just checked out the site for the holster. that's a nice looking rig! i like the stitching on the edges. is it one piece of leather or two? i use a glaco king tuk and it's two pieces. is it pretty comfy or do you notice it when wearing?
Yea it is a great holster...although I don't have much to compare it to considering it is my first. The site was recommended to me by a friend. It is one piece of leather with kydex. I hardly notice my XDm 4.5 9mm when walking, sitting etc extremely comfortable. The only time I notice it is when I am driving and the frame jabs my back, but I have the combat cut so avoiding that may fix the problem.

As for people noticing when I am carrying, yea I started to notice that actually. My girlfriend and I were walking the dog and she was a bit behind me and I said something about my new belt making carrying more comfortable, and shes like "Oh...I didn't even know you had it on you" Mind you this is the day I got my CCW :p

·
Registered
343 Posts
Congrats! Nice holster! EDC for a while and you'll figure out the limitations of your rig/clothing and adjust. Like others have said the gen pop is somewhat oblivious so it makes it easier. Sounds like your heads on right so I'm confident you'll do fine! Good carrying to you!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts