Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i drove home to my parents house last night. i got in really late and when i got home i had a nice little surprise waiting for me on my dresser. it was my FREAKIN CHL! its been nearly 5 months since i took the class and my status had changed last week sometime on the Tx DPS website. so they got it to me within a week of my status change which i was rly surprised about. this is such a relief now. ive been so anxious to get it and now i can relax. it here and it mine! woohooo! im now in the club!

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Congrats! What kind of holster do u plan on using?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Congrats on your permit. I'm still waiting for mine but they have a 60 maximum turn around here in Utah for locals. So hopefully mine will come soon!!!! I can't wait!!! I'm jealous!!!

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
congrats man! now to do your "wally walk" (or Target walk in my case)...carry responsibly and stay safe!
Target walk? you let people shoot at you?:confused:

Just kidding.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Congrads - Lowes walk in my case. Just wait until the first time you go to the john and your gun lands on the floor as you drop your pants.
Don't ask me how I know.

At least the guy in the next stall knows your not a congressman!

Be safe & welcome to the club.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Congrats on finally getting your plastic! I was fortunate, for some reason (I heard there was a faster turnaround for vets, dunno if it's true or not) I got mine back in 43 days. Go do your <insert store name here> walk and enjoy that strange feeling of walking among the people armed for the first time. You'll feel like a naughty boy at first, a bit paranoid to make sure you're not printing, your shirt's not snagged on your handgrip etc but you'll come to find it's second nature to make sure your shirt/jacket etc is covering you. The first trip to a public stall can be a bit awkward, best bet is to practice your steps at home by wearing it into the can when you have to go. Practice removing your firearm, placing it where you choose and getting dressed again.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Congrats on the plastic. Still waiting on mine and looking forward to the status change on the DPS website. Moezilla mentioned walking among the people armed for the first time. In Luby's cafeteria yesterday in a huge crowd of people and couldn't help but think about the Luby's shooting years ago in Kileen. Made me wonder how many of those in line yesterday had CHL. Couldn't spot any but did have two DPS troopers about 10 ahead of me in line so kinda put it out of my mind. Enjoy the ability to defend your family, friends, and yourself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts