Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Im not really proud of this but I havent cleaned my XD40 in a couple of months and have probably put 1500 to 2000 rounds through it without cleaning it. Well it finally reached the point that it was getting a little angry with me. On sunday at the range my friend was getting ftfs on nearly every mag. Also the casings were coming back in his face. I did not get any ftfs but casings were coming back in my face. Time to clean her!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm glad you weren't not my father back in the day! I'd be walking around with lice for months!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sometimes I get casings back in my face too, but only after about 500 rounds. You should post a picture of your gun the next time it gets that dirty again.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Actually, you should NEVER LET YOUR GUN GET THAT DIRTY AGAIN! Unless you just plan on THROWING the thing at the bad guy should you ever be in that situation......

I thought I was bad- only clening mine once a month or every time I take it to the range. Some guys I know clean their arsenal once a week....

·
Registered
119 Posts
I believe what you were experiencing was the spent brass was "sticking" to the chamber due to excess fouling. This caused the extractor/ejector to not have the usual force, thus causing the brass to be flung on your head.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
BOOOOOOOOOOO on YOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU

Clean and lube your baby :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
EVERY gun I plan on protecting my life with gets that torture test. My Ruger P95 made it most of last seasons IDPA matches before the first FTF. Good to know how long the weapon will go if need be.

Long as you don't make it a habit(we'll have words then), I figure you've proven to yourself that you have a very dependable weapon.

Now clean that poor thing before we all get together and do it for you.

·
Registered
212 Posts
R/T Performance said:
XD ABUSE
Please send that poor thing to me and I will take care of it !
You probably don't wash your car either :lol:
If I washed my truck it would probably rain and I don't want to spoil a record. 1/10 inch in July nothing yet for August.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Don't listen to all these old women on here.

It's your XD, you can let it get just as dirty as you want. It won't hurt anything. It's not a bad idea to do this, in fact; it's sometimes helpful to know at what point a gun will start to choke.

Hopefully it's not your primary protection pistol -- it's a good idea to keep that one as clean as possible because you want to have every advantage you can get.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
When the casings start coming back at your face, it means the XD is trying to tell you something like........"Hello! is anyone home?" :lol:

Actually 1,500 to 2,000 rounds is not too shabby. Plus it still shoots :shock:

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
LexDiamonds said:
I believe what you were experiencing was the spent brass was "sticking" to the chamber due to excess fouling. This caused the extractor/ejector to not have the usual force, thus causing the brass to be flung on your head.
its poor extractor design to begin with...they should adopt the sig,glock,and hk style extractor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts