Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I work for an FFL (pawn shop) and some guy traded in a Browning Hi-power 9mm awhile back. I took it out of the safe in the back and set it out on the shelf everyday for 3months+ (I was amazed it set on the shelf that long). Never got the chance the fire the gun, but I fell in love w/ it. I wasn't looking for a 9mm at the time (had a 9mm conversion for my xdm40, so didn't really 'need' a 9mm)

Then, about a week ago...the Browning HP sold. It was in 90%+ condition and we let it go for ~$600 tax and all. Now i'm sick...lol.
I just spent $ on a 49" Sharp TV a few weeks before and didn't want to spend any more $. And to make things worse, my co-worker sold it, so I didn't even get commission...lol.

How much of an idiot am I for not buying the HP?:-?

4yrs ago I did the same thing w/ a Kimber Eclipse II Pro 1911. Missed a hell of a buy because I wasn't looking for a pistol at the time (i'm a rifle guy).

Any other FFL-shop workers out there that have missed great buys?
Maybe yall can make me feel like less of an idiot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont work for a ffl or a pawn shop but im sure id go broke real quick
Yea...going broke working at a pawn shop rings a bell to me.
We also do alot of car audio (i'm head installer) and I do ALOT of car audio competition.

7yrs running, I've had at least 2 state records a year. Last season, I placed 2nd at USACi world finals w/ our 10-15"sub, 20,000w demo van.

I'm addicted to shooting and car audio. lol.

Working at a place that sells both never helps. Hell, last Christmas I bought my dad a Rem 1100 Ducks Unlimited 12ga. He taught me to shoot/hunt and I have been a shooter all my life. Killed my first deer at 7yrs old w/ his old M1 30cal. Dropped it in its tracks @ 80yrds. :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
So, I work for an FFL (pawn shop) and some guy traded in a Browning Hi-power 9mm awhile back. I took it out of the safe in the back and set it out on the shelf everyday for 3months+ (I was amazed it set on the shelf that long). Never got the chance the fire the gun, but I fell in love w/ it. I wasn't looking for a 9mm at the time (had a 9mm conversion for my xdm40, so didn't really 'need' a 9mm)

Then, about a week ago...the Browning HP sold. It was in 90%+ condition and we let it go for ~$600 tax and all. Now i'm sick...lol.
I just spent $ on a 49" Sharp TV a few weeks before and didn't want to spend any more $. And to make things worse, my co-worker sold it, so I didn't even get commission...lol.

How much of an idiot am I for not buying the HP?:-?

4yrs ago I did the same thing w/ a Kimber Eclipse II Pro 1911. Missed a hell of a buy because I wasn't looking for a pistol at the time (i'm a rifle guy).

Any other FFL-shop workers out there that have missed great buys?
Maybe yall can make me feel like less of an idiot.
you could have bought it from yourself and saved money by getting the commission on your own sale. wait u said less of an idiot hmm....

you could go to the range and choot some targets to forget about it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you could have bought it from yourself and saved money by getting the commission on your own sale. wait u said less of an idiot hmm....

you could go to the range and choot some targets to forget about it?

Well, I shot ~600rnds thru my XDm the last 2 weekends. Then I shot some Tannerite w/ my Rem 700 7mm-08 and Ruger Mini14 this weekend. Got a little of that 'damit' out of my system.

Launching 1/2's of 35gal barrels 60-70ft into the air w/ Tannerite helps alot w/ getting the 'damit I'm an idiot' out of your system.

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
I picked up a Hi-Power last year with the adjustable sights for $479.99

You really really screwed up.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I picked up a Hi-Power last year with the adjustable sights for $479.99

You really really screwed up.
Damn Cannibul, go easy on the guy!;)

BTW, did you threaten the seller with physical harm or something for that deal on the Hi-Power? The cheapest one I've seen was $600.

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
Damn Cannibul, go easy on the guy!;)

BTW, did you threaten the seller with physical harm or something for that deal on the Hi-Power? The cheapest one I've seen was $600.
Nope. They had put the wrong price on it. But they honored it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Well, I shot ~600rnds thru my XDm the last 2 weekends. Then I shot some Tannerite w/ my Rem 700 7mm-08 and Ruger Mini14 this weekend. Got a little of that 'damit' out of my system.

Launching 1/2's of 35gal barrels 60-70ft into the air w/ Tannerite helps alot w/ getting the 'damit I'm an idiot' out of your system.
How much Tannerite did you use?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts