Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My BoB has a net sized to hold a 1 liter nalgene style bottle (tall with small diameter). I'm looking for a stainless canteen-type bottle to go in that net that can do double duty for boiling water. The problem is that the regular stainless bottles are not really designed to be put into a fire for boiling, and canteen style I don't believe will fit into the net.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Edited to add... if it helps the bag is a Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon 2.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Something like this? Mudinyeri Offroad Sigg Water Bottle 1.0L > Mudinyeri Logo Items > Mudinyeri Offroad

Most of the aluminum bottles are going to be lined with something like this one is. You won't want to boil water in them. Toss in a MicroPure tablet, though, and you'll be fine.

Product Information
Help save the planet while you rehydrate in style with an eye-catching water bottle from SIGG. Made from a single piece of aluminum, it's ultra-lightweight yet rugged and crack-resistant. To minimize unwanted tastes and scents, the inside is lined with a water-based, non-toxic epoxy resin that is compliant with FDA anti-leaching requirements.
  • Holds 1.0L
  • Recyclable & reusable
  • Lifetime warranty
  • Do not freeze

·
Registered
19,880 Posts
stainless or aluminum water bottles are all over the place. If you can't find one, its because you haven't tried.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Wally World Sporting goods.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
stainless or aluminum water bottles are all over the place. If you can't find one, its because you haven't tried.
He wants one without a lining. Those ARE hard to find.

OP, you might find a titanium one without a lining at a place like REI (although I disagree with their political leanings) or a local high-end hiking, camping or backpacking place.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hadn't considered a cup that the bottle would fit into like a few of you suggested. That's a perfect fit for my needs. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
That's not stupid, I had to go to a gunshow, and happened on one!

Brunton 1 liter nalgene bottle was the brand I use, and you can use them in a fire, and you can find them at Amazon.

·
Registered
65 Posts
nalgene guyot they have a wide mouth and are great for putting it a fire if you get the back packer model it fits in alot of packs and pockets I got one at the canteenshop.com or Amazon has them highly recommend them 5 STARS vary durable

1 - 15 of 15 Posts