Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent my beloved XDm to Springer today for a trigger job. Its only been gone for 12 hours and I feel naked but not entirely defenseless. I tried to keep the job local cause I like to support the locals but the only smith I could find said he had never had an XDm apart and was running 10-12 weeks behind.

That made up my mind for me and off she went to the Fed-ex store. The Springer site says that they are usually 5-10 days on everything but refinishing and I hope that is true. From everything I have read so far it will be well worth the wait even if it is longer...:mrgreen:

·
Registered
908 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, I sent my MOD.49 J frame back to S&W today (Purchased by my dad new in 1981 and never had a spring replacement or any other maintenance.) and on top of that SpringField Armory still has my HS2000. Good thing I still have pleanty of backups.

It almost feels like I just sent a couple of my kids off to summer camp or something. Very odd feeling when I look into my safe and see the empty slots where they used to be in the rack.

On top of all this, Im thinking about sending my XD40-SC off to have the sights replaced. Im one of the lucky "stuck sight" folks.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Thank you DPGDirk
Sure thing.
Scott has built multiple XD's for me.
I've owned 11 of them over the last few years to find out which calibers and frame sizes I like best.

Of the guns I've kept for any length of time, Scott has worked his magic on them.

You won't be disappointed...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts