Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the years I have been shooting 7.62x39 and I never noticed how much heavier the Wolf soft point ammo is compared to FMJ and HP.

FMJ and HP = 124gr at 2,396 fps
Soft Point = 154gr at 2,104

-Derek

·
Registered
52 Posts
exactly, im a fan of higher grains because there are not many organic organisms that can dodge bullets even if its smaller, use the higher grain and knock something down.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Point is that is a pretty significant difference in weight. 150+gr is basically a light .308 load.
thats a good point! you should have said that in your orginal post :) who makes a 7,62x39 SP? barnual or remington?? ive actually never seen one. seen them in FMJ or HP but never a SP.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
brown/silver bear are both barnual, i kinda thought they made it since i have a bunch of it in 5,45x39. i have just never seen any of it floating around! ill have to keep my eyes open didnt know wolf made it!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Was that a shot toward me or were you being serious? Because I too dropped the ball on that one.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Was that a shot toward me or were you being serious? Because I too dropped the ball on that one.
LOL, not a shot at you at all. I always kick myself in the ass for not buying stuff years ago when it was cheap..... $200 AK's, $289 Saiga 12's, $89 SKS's, Mausers, and K-31's. All the things that i am paying double or triple the price to acquire now. :rolleyes:

-Derek

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
thats a good point! you should have said that in your orginal post :) who makes a 7,62x39 SP? barnual or remington?? ive actually never seen one. seen them in FMJ or HP but never a SP.
I've got a mixed assortment of SP, HP and FMJ all made by wolf, never looked for any specific load, just bought the cheapest 7.63x39 each random time at the shows.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I remember going to a gun show where a guy had a pallet of Wolf 7.62x39 that he was selling for $80 per 1000 rounds. I only bought 1000 because I thought I could find a better deal. Knowing what I know now, I should have bought the whole damn pallet.

Looking at prices of surplus guns and ammo from 5 years ago is depressing now.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I remember going to a gun show where a guy had a pallet of Wolf 7.62x39 that he was selling for $80 per 1000 rounds. I only bought 1000 because I thought I could find a better deal. Knowing what I know now, I should have bought the whole damn pallet.

Looking at prices of surplus guns and ammo from 5 years ago is depressing now.
I'm with ya, it is rather depressing.

I certainly do remember the days of $80 cases of Wolf x39, and the Wolf .223 was just over $100 a case at the time. :-(

-Derek

1 - 18 of 18 Posts