Springfield XD Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, after 10mins of searching I found out how to view/join the political board on this forum and it seems stupid to me. Why must I have 250 post count? If I'm not signed in I can view it but once I sign in it goes to private. I'm new to the world of firearms (sorta) and I'm not the type to run off at the mouth about things I don't know, so its gona take awhile for me to get 250 posts here. I don't understand how a post count is used to dtermine who should be allowed to view/post in the above mentioned sub-forum. Its just a number, am I gona have to make a thread with a bunch of nonsense in it so I can get my count up? Seems to me if you want to weed out those who shouldn't be in there, it would be based on post content, not the count. Now I know you can't read every members post and be 100% right about who gets in but the current system makes no sense either. Why restrict access to folks who haven't done anything wrong and who don't post whore? Anyway, it just aggravated me that I couldn't share my thoughts, much less be able to read it. when I joined this forum it was so that I could read everything that's here to offer, is there a way to at least let us read if we can't post? I don't want to have to log in/out based on what topic I want to read. Thanks for letting me vent a min and if someone can explain so I have a better grasp on the situation I would appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
24,944 Posts
hello there

·
Premium Member
128,397 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
This is actually one of the most active forums I have seen so far ... the 250 posts may rack up quicker than you think ...

·
Registered
518 Posts
Yea, ill get there.

See, one more post already.
like others said to keep the trolls out...Two things that stir people up Religion and Politics...It is annoying and sucks having people who join here just to ruin the XDtalk community I personally do not think 250 is too much.Yes it is quite a bit but if it was lower a bunch of assh*les would be on this site running their mouths instead of having legitimate input to anything...just my .02

·
Registered
518 Posts
Its all good man. Rules are in place for a reason, just aggravated me yesterday trying to figure it out. I honestly wouldn't have much to say there anyway, I just want to take in some knowledge so I can vote. Next year. Granted a forum isn't prolly the best place to get info but ill take every lil bit I can get.
lol well that is good that you want to educate yourself!...However, maybe I am wrong but I think forums are a great place for a number of reasons. One being that we all have differing opinions so instead of seeing/reading one sided article you get a little bit of everything! Also, generally people back up their statements here if they need too. So you kind of get it all! I read somewhere else you just got n XD. Congratulations they are excellent pistols. Also, welcome to the forum. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Hey 94;
Welcome to XDT.
If you're really interested in participating instead of just reading, might I suggest a few visits to the New Member SF to welcome other new members like yourself.

With the growth we're experiencing, you could be to 250 in a few days.

·
Premium Member
22,590 Posts
Welcome to the fourm from Louisiana. Like tcox4freedom said visit the New Member Welcome Center thread.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
so, after 10mins of searching I found out how to view/join the political board on this forum and it seems stupid to me. Why must I have 250 post count? If I'm not signed in I can view it but once I sign in it goes to private. I'm new to the world of firearms (sorta) and I'm not the type to run off at the mouth about things I don't know, so its gona take awhile for me to get 250 posts here. I don't understand how a post count is used to dtermine who should be allowed to view/post in the above mentioned sub-forum. Its just a number, am I gona have to make a thread with a bunch of nonsense in it so I can get my count up? Seems to me if you want to weed out those who shouldn't be in there, it would be based on post content, not the count. Now I know you can't read every members post and be 100% right about who gets in but the current system makes no sense either. Why restrict access to folks who haven't done anything wrong and who don't post whore? Anyway, it just aggravated me that I couldn't share my thoughts, much less be able to read it. when I joined this forum it was so that I could read everything that's here to offer, is there a way to at least let us read if we can't post? I don't want to have to log in/out based on what topic I want to read. Thanks for letting me vent a min and if someone can explain so I have a better grasp on the situation I would appreciate it.
Because this is a gun forum first, and the political secition is for memebrs who have been here a while.

Also we have had alot of trouble makers come here and stir crap up in the PV,so a post count rule was installed.

Just particiapte a while and you'll get there.

Your nonsense posts to jack up your count have been deleted, that is also frowned upon here.

I do welcome you to our great forum and hope we can start fresh on a new foot

Weclome to XDTalk

:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.