Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but, the other thread got a line of thought going....

Can someone please explain to my newbie self about six o'clock and whatever the other aiming technique is? I think I found today that I had been trying to line the sights up to the target incorrectly.

I did find today that by triggering with the joint of my finger, I consistently shot low and left. When conciously using the pad of my finger, the shot was way better.

Any help or recommended "how to use sights" reading would be great.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
For future reference.. feel free to hi-jack any threads I am involved in.. hell, I like it when people do that.. and if you occasionally feel the need to tell me to shut-up.. I get a kick out of that too!

My understanding of the "6 O'Clock" shooting position is that the front sight is centered between the rear sights, and your center of target is just above the front sight. This hasn't really worked all that well for me... I took somebodies advice, and I now use the front sight to completely cover the target... which has helped a little, but it's not perfect.

For a long time I was shooting low and left. I found that I was gripping the pistol too tightly, which caused me to pull the thing down and left as I pulled the trigger. By relaxing my grip (slightly, firm, but not a death grip) I have largely solved the problem of pulling to the left. Still low, but at least not left.

Raymond

1 - 5 of 5 Posts