Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i installed a free float tube with out any sort of ar15 tool. i then took it to the gunsmith for them to look at to make sure it was installed correctly and sure ennough i did it correct. i kinda marred the barrel nut undernieth the free float but you cant see it so i dont care its nice and solid and i cant move it at all.

its for my SBR so since i dont have my stamp yet i had to store it at a friends house who doesnt own any ar-15s just to make sure i didnt get into any trouble. so i dont have any pics yet but i will have some soon to post

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Nicely done!

·
Registered
590 Posts
PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Nice. I'll be doing one around Christmas time, hopefully.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
752 Posts
Iwish i could find the carbine length YHM Diamond free float

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Iwish i could find the carbine length YHM Diamond free float
it is a badass forearm, what i really like about it compared to the other YHM ones is that the top rail has an extention that meets uo to the rail on the upper. on the other YHM rails there is a little gap between the two. its mostly a looks thing for me

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
i installed a free float tube with out any sort of ar15 tool. i then took it to the gunsmith for them to look at to make sure it was installed correctly and sure ennough i did it correct. i kinda marred the barrel nut undernieth the free float but you cant see it so i dont care its nice and solid and i cant move it at all.

its for my SBR so since i dont have my stamp yet i had to store it at a friends house who doesnt own any ar-15s just to make sure i didnt get into any trouble. so i dont have any pics yet but i will have some soon to post
how'd you do it? like some tips/idea myself..

cheers

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how'd you do it? like some tips/idea myself..

cheers
oh i used a regular strap wrench. i bought it for like $6 and worked great! the YHM forearms need a special tool and i didnt really feel like paying $30 for a tool i would use one time. The strap wrench worked great, it didnt not leave a mark on it at all and got it very tight

1 - 9 of 9 Posts