Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, Hello guys! This is my first post and I wanted to say thank you for all of the great information. I recently bought an XD40SC and got to shoot it lastnight (stupid 3 day wait in Illinois). I love the way the gun shoots and I am very happy with my new purchase. Does anyone have any reccomendations on accessories/mods I cant live without? A few things I have noticed. One, it is VERY hard to get the rounds into the mags, any suggestions? Also, does anyone have the new X2 or whatever they are calling it now? GAT Guns here in Illinois said they have been selling out of them...I thought they were not out yet? Also if anyone from the Illinois area wants to get together and shoot sometime I would be up for it. I see that I have missed the "shoot out" in Yorkville but I would love to go next time. Id like to meet up with some locals and do some shooting sometime. Again thanks for all of the great info on this site and I hope to contribute something to this site.

Thanks again!!!

-JZHeyde

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Good choice. I picked one up last week. As for loading the mags, get a simple mag loader to compress the mag spring. I had to use a Glock (forgive me!) mag loader I had laying around to put all 12 rnds into my hi-cap mag which came with the XD-gear pkg.

The only thing I've done so far is add a pearce mag extension and I'm thinking about a set of Truglo tritium F.O. sights. For lots of goodies, check out:

www.pistol-gear.com

·
Registered
607 Posts
Welcome to the family.

The mag springs will get a little easier with time (and more loading/unloading) -- Leave the mags loaded up when not in use. I use a little plastic Glock loader also -- it works great.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Welcome. I am very happy with my Service 40, I added the Wold stainless full length guide rod and the 22lb. spring, great options. I also purchased an HKS mag loader, it helps without having to bust your thumbs too much. Enjoy your new family member.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Welcome. One suggestion is cut back on other aspects of life because you will now need that money to buy ammo! As one guy said- keep the mags loaded. Also the more you shoot it the quicker they get loose. Welcome agin my friend!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the great replies guys!! I will try to leave the mags loaded. When I get home today I will get as many rounds in there as I can and leave them till the next time I shoot. I only get out about once a week or so for a few hundred rounds. And even then I have to spread the love between the pistols I already have. Thanks for all the great replies.

-JZHeyde

1 - 8 of 8 Posts