Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My latest Handgun addition. A few weeks back I went to the gun store to buy an XD45 but right next to it in the display case was a SA XDM40; Improved Grip surface, nicer sights, replaceable back straps, Match Barrel, nicer trigger & 16 + 1 Capacity in cal. 40 .....I HAD to look at it. After not so much consideration it came home with me...I forgot all about the XD45.
This gun is able to shoot some really tight groups and has less recoil than the G19. The Case the Gun came in is pretty neat too, so are the accessories;
2 Mags
Mag Pouch with rails for your tac-lite or the included mag loader
Paddle Holster
Gun Lock
2 Interchangeable back straps

Altho not included in the case but should be coming my direction shortly; 2 extra Mags and another magazine pouch, courtesy of Springfield Armory (mail in rebate). 8)

Ok ok, here are some pics;

The closed Case

Opened up, this is what you get

Just the Gun with magazine

With some quick and easy modifications you can carry your Laptop in the case

·
Registered
383 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, you won't be disappointed. I absolutely love my XDm40. But then again, I have yet to shoot a Springfield I don't love.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just make sure you keep your mags loaded because those springs are a bit stiff when new. Mine is new and I had no choice but to use the loader that came with the gun to load the mags, especially after round 11 or so. 11-16 will be damn hard to load by hand if your new mags are anything like mine are/were. I hope to go shooting tomorrow in what will be my first shooting experience with a semi-auto handgun. I've shot a .357 magnum before so I'm hoping that the recoil isn't anywhere near that on my new .40. Good luck with that sexy new XDM!!!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Congrats on the new XDm. I love mine.:D

·
Registered
706 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and cool background with the digital camo:cool:

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase!
I bought mine on Nov 5 and really, really, really love it. I too took adavantage of the "Gear Up" offer. Except I just sent my rebate paperwork in today, so...NLT mid Feb I'll be getting my extra magazines.

So which back strap do you prefer? I've used the med and the small and the small works best for me. I'm a 1911 convert. I still have a special place in my heart for the 1911 but the XD and XDM have won me over to the polymer frames. That, and the mega capacity magazines!!!

You might find that the trigger feels a bit spoungy out of the box; but, put 100 or so rounds through it and it settles down for ya. I've seen some people describe it as being a bit too snappy. I disagree.

Anyway, congrats and enjoy!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just make sure you keep your mags loaded because those springs are a bit stiff when new. Mine is new and I had no choice but to use the loader that came with the gun to load the mags, especially after round 11 or so. 11-16 will be damn hard to load by hand if your new mags are anything like mine are/were. I hope to go shooting tomorrow in what will be my first shooting experience with a semi-auto handgun. I've shot a .357 magnum before so I'm hoping that the recoil isn't anywhere near that on my new .40. Good luck with that sexy new XDM!!!
Amen to that.

I just got my XDM40 the other evening. I loaded both mags, and once I got to around 10 on each one by hand it was TOUGH.

Even with the mag loader helping me, 15 and 16 were a PITA.

I've left both mags fully loaded, and while watching tv, I've unloaded them once and reloaded them, trying to work the springs in a little.

I'm wanting my other 2 free magazine from SA, but call me silly, I'm not looking foward to working those magazines in!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Amen to that.

I just got my XDM40 the other evening. I loaded both mags, and once I got to around 10 on each one by hand it was TOUGH.

Even with the mag loader helping me, 15 and 16 were a PITA.

I've left both mags fully loaded, and while watching tv, I've unloaded them once and reloaded them, trying to work the springs in a little.

I'm wanting my other 2 free magazine from SA, but call me silly, I'm not looking foward to working those magazines in!!
you can have them sent to me, I'll gladly take them off your hands ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Nice pictures (esp. with the digi camo and powerbook!)
Thanks jankymutt & everybody else!
I really enjoy this new gun, altho the finish shows already some wear on the edges. I can see getting the slide Hard Chromed someday. This gun makes me a better shot then I am (always have shaky hands, too much coffee). I can empty all 17 rounds into a 5" circle @ 20 yards with some 3 shot groups in that circle as small as a 5 cent coin. I love this gun! The only other gun i can shoot like this are 1911's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts