Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my .40 S&W XD subcompact! I've had it since last week, I picked it up when I went home for Thanksgiving. The only bad thing about it was how I got it. I had a guy who had several .40's in stock waiting as of 2 weeks ago. I asked him to hold one for me until I arrived in town to pick it up. He said that he had several, and that there was no need to set one aside, because he would have one. I arrived in town, all anxious to get my new pistol. I called the store as soon as they opened, and of course, they couldn't find any .40's because they had sold their last one the day before. After calling the three area stores that I felt comfortable buying from, I found one! That is why I hate relying on people that you don't know. They don't care if they screw you.
Aside from that, the gun was wonderful. The magazines are still extremely stiff, so they are sitting around fully loaded, trying to fix that problem. I couldn't really tell you what type of ammo I shot last week at the range, because I have never heard of it before. All I know is that it was extremely cheap and low quality. The cases didn't even match. Some cases were steel, and some were brass. After 200 rounds, it jammed only once, somewhere in the beginning of the set. I had the extended mag in, and I think I can attribute the jam to the fact that the mag spring was extremely stiff. I could only fit about 7 or 8 rounds in it ( it holds 12.) I will be going out tomorrow, now that I am home, and putting another 100 or so rounds through it. Then, I will be giving my new little pistol it's first cleaning! A time of bonding. 8)

·
Registered
265 Posts
The magazines are still extremely stiff, so they are sitting around fully loaded, trying to fix that problem.
Magazines sitting full will not really exercise the spring...what really exercises the spring is to compress and decompress it as in shooting a lot, or sitting in your den watching TV and loading and unloading your mags. Either will work, but the shooting part is WAY more fun. I coudn't get my .40 12 rounders fully loaded without the use of a mag loader, but after about 500-600 rounds I was able to load them all by hand without problem.

Have Fun! :lol:

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
Also...As you load your mags, slap the bottom of the mag against your palm to help settle the rounds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Frenchy said:
Also...As you load your mags, slap the bottom of the mag against your palm to help settle the rounds.
When I was at the range, I had no problems at all with the rounds going in funny. If you read my first post, "Should I commit?", you would know that I had a CZ RAMI, which I sold for the xd. That gun always had problems loading. I would have to whack the crap out of it to make the rounds settle in correctly before I could finish loading it. What a pain!
So far, there have been no problems at all. I am going to leave now as we speak to go out in some of the wheat fields that surround my home near Washington State University and put some more rounds through it. I bought one of those steel targets that you press into the ground and then shoot the hanging plates. It said on the package that it was for .22's and handguns. I brought it home, opened it, and there was a sticker on the back of the steel plate that said it was not for centerfire handguns! I am not sure if my new little target will make it home with me! 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts