Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i bought my xd9 i figured i would shoot it for a while.. and then put it away and use it for home protection. . Now it seems every week i average around 300 rounds through it.. and its an addiction i dont know if i can quit.. dont know if i want to quit.. . before my xd i had a 22 revolver and that was the only handgun i had.. couldent hit anything with it.. Now with my Xd i can hit a pop can at 25.. not consistantly.. but probably 50 percent of my shots .. give or take a few.. Yesterday for the 1st time i tryed sidestepping and shooting at the same time.. went real slow but Damm was that fun.. and challenging.. by my second clip i was able to hit 1 pop can.. 1 bottled water, water bottle , and a road cone that i found out at the range.. . maybe i should start out a bit closer then 25.. but for some reason at the outdoor riffle range i go to the closest they have is 25.. which i thought was 15 yds untill yesterday when my landscaper buddy brought out his roller wheel and mesured it . and it ended up being 25.. geuss my geustamation of yardage was way off.. but im happy that im hitting at 25.. . .. im thinking about getting my xd 9 a big brother for christmas :) maybe a xd 40 :D ill take my digital Dv cam out to the range sometime and make some videos .. maybe you guys can cratique my stance ,and style of shooting which im quite comfedent i dont have much of . i just kind of stand where my feet feel most comfertable and hold gun at eye level arms in a triangle.. push with my right arm pull with my left to keep the muzzle down . keep both eyes open.. look straight down the site and shoot. .... Well just thought i would share that with you guys..

·
Banned
5,098 Posts
A buddy of mine passed on an unusual perspective of things - you may to stick with the 9mm. It's a more common ammunition type. Odds are if "it" happens and you must survive - the person you take out will likely have a 9, and you can use their ammo. I believe the .223 is the most common rifle ammo.

I found the whole idea there rather disturbing but amusing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts