Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate doing this because its ultimately my decision. But I can't decide what color XDm to go with. I found a place with all 4 colors. tell me what you like the best.

Here is a link with all 4 index

I am struggling between the black bi-tone, OD/Blk or OD bitone

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
I am struggling between the black bi-tone, OD/Blk or OD bitone
Out of the options above I would say the Black bi-tone, but really it's what you want. I personally like the all black models.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
i really like the bi-tone with the black frame

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
You are right. This is your decision to make and you have to make it for yourself.

It does not matter what anyone else thinks about what color your gun is unless that sort of thing really does have some importance to you.

In that case, I think the more important question is, "Why do you care what other people think?"

Sorry if it seems like I am jumping on you, but I find the "what color should I buy" question to be pointless each and every time it come up on this forum.

Besides, with modern metal finishes, you can make it any color you want. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with you 100%. I hate when people post what I have. I am just a indecisive person sometimes and can't make up my mind. I am just looking for any salient points than can stop me from my over analysis.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
You are right. This is your decision to make and you have to make it for yourself.

It does not matter what anyone else thinks about what color your gun is unless that sort of thing really does have some importance to you.

In that case, I think the more important question is, "Why do you care what other people think?"

Sorry if it seems like I am jumping on you, but I find the "what color should I buy" question to be pointless each and every time it come up on this forum.

Besides, with modern metal finishes, you can make it any color you want. ;)

What Dave said........:rolleyes:

As stated, buy what you want and if you want to change it, get it refinshed.

XD9sc when I bought it.......

XD9sc now in hard chrome.......

Options for colors are limitless.
You can end up with a one of a kind firearm........
I for one, don't like the earth tone frames, but many others love 'em.
And welcome to the forum jack straw

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like I said, I know its a stupid question. If I could have seen a XDm in person, other than the black one I shot at the range, It would have made it easy. It's just hard to pick from a picture sometimes.

I just ordered the black bi-tone 40.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Like I said, I know its a stupid question. If I could have seen a XDm in person, other than the black one I shot at the range, It would have made it easy. It's just hard to pick from a picture sometimes.

I just ordered the black bi-tone 40.

Thanks
Good for you! You are going to love it. I have a 45 Service bi-tone and a 9mm Service in black. You can't go wrong with an XD!

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
I'm not a big fan of shinny stuff for a carrying weapon, but the silver slide looks nice!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I struggled with this at first as well with my XDm purchase. I liked the look of the Bi-tone but the all black just looked more traditional to me. The Bi-tone just seemed too "flashy" for my taste. It just looked too much like a "movie prop" for me.

I have since bought an XD40SC in all black too. That one is intended to be a carry gun and I wanted all black for its concealability.

I don't care for the earth-tones. I have no regrets on buying both in black - there's always another one available, right? I still may get a Bi-tone one day.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I picked up an all black XDM9 but from the pictures, the OD/Black doesn't look all that bad. I like the Bi-tone but it's a bit flashy.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I'd go with the black/SS. I dont like the OD.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Mine XD's & XDm's are straight Black. I prefer the all black look but I have become a fan of the polished barrell lately but don't know if I want to do that or not. Great pistols no matter what the color of choice !!
Congrats on your new purchase :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts