Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't post around here much but I read the posts daily. I bought my first handgun in January from a very good friend and it just happened to be an XD-40 Tactical. At the time I had no idea what kind of pistol that I wanted and I purchased the XD because I have known the gun since it was brand new and it was a good price. Since then I have been saving for my next pistol not even knowing what I wanted. Over the last few months I have made a pest out of myself with all of the local gun and pawn shops. I have shot and fondeled many,many guns since then and I finaly made my purchase today. I bought an XD-40 sub-compact. I didn't want another XD, it just hapened like that. Kinda like an ex-girlfriends little sister. LOL My pistol list is very long now and it still suprizes me that another XD made it to the top. Has anybody else had this problem? I think that maybe a 1911 is next on the list until I change my mind again.

Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I kind of have this problem but with HK pistols.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have a similar issue. I really want to have a Glock Gen4 G17 and a M&P9 to compliment my XDm, but everytime I shoot my XDm I just want another one. I even went so far as to join the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation with the express intent of picking up a G17 to compete with but after reading about the issues Glock is still having I think my next purchase will be a XDm 9mm compact or a XDm 45ACP.

I think the problem is that other than the price (I wish they were a bit cheaper) and the trigger needing improvement (the PRP Ultimate Match kit pretty much ruined me and now any XD I get will have that kit installed asap) the XDm, for me at least, is just about perfect. It has been as reliable as any Glock, is more than accurate if I do my part, is soft shooting, and is just a great all-round gun.

I'll still end up with a M&P and a Glock eventually (especially the Glock since I have the GSSF coupon) but I'm starting to think there will be a few more XDm's added to my range bag before that happens.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I just took delivery of my XDm .40 yesterday, and already I am looking at a 9mm XDm.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did look at an XDm but the price held me back. It is on the list though. I will admit that I like the XD looks better than the XDm but who cares how a gun looks?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I still want a glock 19 really bad but every time I go to buy one somehow a springfield follows me home instead, no complaints though I'll get a g19 eventually

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
i bought a blk XD9 4" in nov. last year, now i want a 40 or 45 tactical with the fde frame & blk slide. i can't resist, pay days tomorrow/got the day off, im going to my local shop to see whats up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
same boat my man. i have the xdm 4.5 in 40 and now i wanna get a 3.8 xdm in 9mm
Just got my 3.8 XDm 9mm last Friday and put 150 rounds through it! It is pretty sweet!!!

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
I feel your pain brother. I purchesed the XDm in 40 in late 2008, and bought a 9 in 2010.

·
Registered
408 Posts
We have never made this addiction problem a secret, and now you are one of us. I would have one of each of the XDm's if I had the money for the guns and the ammo. I would probably also have several Glocks, FNP, and so on.

There is no cure, go with it, enjoy the ride.

RJ

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I,m glad to know that I am not alone and keeping good company.

It is funny how every week for many months the sales guy at this gun shop showed me several differnt guns and when he put the XD in my hand he said " Ill get the paper work".

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Much as I love my XDm...my current favorite is my CZ 75 SP01...especially after "tinkering" with it and got the trigger pull down to 4.5 lbs. Like you, I am now trying to see how I can convince my wife to allow me buy another. Might be easy since she already claimed this CZ for herself.

A year and a half ago, I used to tell my wife we need one for home defense....we are currently averaging a firearm purchase every other month!!! :shock: Wish I can afford to keep buying at this rate but alas no. :evil::sad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts