Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To buy an XD-9 service. She was anti-gun until her boyfriend convinced her to keep in her home a really small 25acp pistol. After that she became interested in actually getting a concealed carry permit. She was disatisifed with the stopping power of the 25acp as compared to something like a 9mm and so asked me for advice. When I went home at the end of Sept I took my XD 45c with me and let her heft that, as well as a Glock 26 and she liked the feel of the trigger of the XD, the balance in her hand, the comfort and size of the grip and the grip safety was probably the biggest selling point for her. I'll post pictures of her XD when I can get some pictures.

·
Registered
105 Posts
God made Man and Woman.
Colt made them equal.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
one of the biggest reasons people are anti gun IMO is they are scared of them, dont know how to use one or handle it safely. once they over come that fear they get the disease like most of us.

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
one of the biggest reasons people are anti gun IMO is they are scared of them, dont know how to use one or handle it safely. once they over come that fear they get the disease like most of us.
+100. It's the FEAR that it can hurt someone.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Good job on getting your Mom to step up to something sufficient. Of course a 25ACP could do some serious damage, but I wouldn't put my life on the line with it.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Not trying to be funny, but I "assume" you are talking about a 9mm Service, because I don't see a 9mm compact????

I see 9mm Service
9mm Subcompact
9 mm tactical

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not trying to be funny, but I "assume" you are talking about a 9mm Service, because I don't see a 9mm compact????
You are correct, original post edited. I wasn't there and never had interest in getting an XD-9 so I never did any research on the subject.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also have noticed if you can get an "anti gunner" around a gun and let them pop off a few rounds their outlook completely changes.....

·
Registered
855 Posts
+1. My wife was brainwashed as a child to believe that guns are dangerous. Well, yeah, but only if you use it in an unsafe manner or are shot with one! :neutral:

I finally got her to shoot my P22 last weekend. Afterward even she had to admit it wasn't that bad. (I specifically used even lower recoil Rem. Target ammo.) I'm hoping to eventually move her up to my 9mm, but it's gonna take awhile. :cool:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
+1. My wife was brainwashed as a child to believe that guns are dangerous. Well, yeah, but only if you use it in an unsafe manner or are shot with one! :neutral:

I finally got her to shoot my P22 last weekend. Afterward even she had to admit it wasn't that bad. (I specifically used even lower recoil Rem. Target ammo.) I'm hoping to eventually move her up to my 9mm, but it's gonna take awhile. :cool:
The P22 is a great gun for a woman to learn on. It's got zero recoil and it's a pretty good gun for the money. Ammo is cheap. So it's not a big deal if she's out there wasting it. I just bought my girlfriend a Walther P22 for her birthday and she loves it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts