Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got to check out the store GT Jon has frequently gone to lately. It's a great shop. I almost left with a 45 usp tactical but the wife was with me. Anyway I got my sister a gently used S&W SW9VE for $280

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
John's a great guy to deal with. He can come off a bit gruff, but once you get him to open up and he knows you're a "gun guy/gal", he won't shut up. :lol:

I've got to get my trigger gauge on that thing. Hopefully the pull is less than 12lbs, or it won't work!

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is what they had. Basically it's will get her into the sport as well as self protection until she wants to upgrade.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Introduction is needed I'll bring 20 guns ;)

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
This is what they had. Basically it's will get her into the sport as well as self protection until she wants to upgrade.
The new ones have a better trigger. It'll probably pull around of average of 8lbs I bet.

I did see a 9E in a shop today. Should've played with it.

They also had a G41 but I didn't have the extra cash right now...if its still there in a ew weeks though....

The best way to get her interested is to let her use your stuff and convert her to Glocks though.

Carlfail.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
The new ones have a better trigger. It'll probably pull around of average of 8lbs I bet.

I did see a 9E in a shop today. Should've played with it.

They also had a G41 but I didn't have the extra cash right now...if its still there in a ew weeks though....

The best way to get her interested is to let her use your stuff and convert her to Glocks though.

Carlfail.
22s then MPs with good trigger then glock

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
.22's are never a bad thing.

MP's....eeehhh.

I need to get around to shooting one. Don't much care for dry firing them.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
.22's are never a bad thing.

MP's....eeehhh.

I need to get around to shooting one. Don't much care for dry firing them.
Atei trigger new students like it a lot easier learning curve

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
I reckon. The factory trigger is just not nice.

Smith and Wesson honestly only seems to do revolver triggers worth a damn. (the 1911's don't count!)

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This gun sucks, It's not going to my sister.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Good. Trade it in on a Ruger 9E.

The Sigma series has always sucked. I don't give a damn how much people try to convince themselves it was a good buy.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Nice job Carl, nothing more important in the world then family. Everything else is second.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I pull the heavy I mean heavy trigger and nothing happens. I have to hold it like that for about 5 seconds and then it will fire.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts