Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The choice for me was between the XD-9 and the XD(M)-9 and I have to say that they both fired about the same to me. Keep in mine that I haven't had a whole lot of experience firing weapons.

The deciding factor for me honestly(and you all may laugh at me for this) was the grip. My hands sweat and that grip is just a heck of a lot better for your hand than the regular XD.

I thought the XD-9 felt better in my hands...but grip is VERY important to me...After I shoot the gun or when I shoot it, I won't care about how the other gun felt...

I fired both and liked both a lot...

Just wanted to let everyone know...but I am now an owner of my VERY first gun and finally convinced my mom that we should have a gun in the house...granted i'm about to move out...but what the heck!:D

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Congrads on 1st gun.xdm are great.also welcome to xd forums.you will learn alot here.don;t be afraid to ask questions.////////////

·
Registered
902 Posts
Congrats! ...and now for 'the rule': pics please or it didn't happen!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good choice. Just practice correct shooting and you should do fine.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats! ...and now for 'the rule': pics please or it didn't happen!
I will certainly post my pics when I get the gun in. I ordered it yesterday and there is a 3 day waiting period because I don't have a permit yet...

I am so excited!!!!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Congrats! I picked up my permits yesterday, and had my new baby within an hour..XDM40. I had been waiting for several days for my app. to be processed. Man, i could not wait either! :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
As someone who just got a XDM 9mm as my first gun I can tell you you've made a wise choice. You've made another good choice by becoming a member of this forum where some of the nicest and most helpful people reside.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As someone who just got a XDM 9mm as my first gun I can tell you you've made a wise choice. You've made another good choice by becoming a member of this forum where some of the nicest and most helpful people reside.
Agreed! I have gotten nothing but wonderful help on this board so far and I really appreciate it. That is what makes forums so great though...

I am going to be signing up for a concealed weapons class. The guy teaching it is supposed to be VERY good so I can't wait.

·
Registered
18 Posts
+1 on all that. Great gun, great forum, great folks.

Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts