Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents, this pistol will be my first purchase of a Springfield Armory Gun.
After reviewing the torture test on Youtube plus several reviews, and confirmation from the factory that the XDM line has internal metal parts I am sold on the features, design and durability...I honestly was concerned about the Made in Croatia name plate but I am certain SA has a good operation there.
I also own HKs/Walther/Beretta I got bored of the plastic feeling and bulky look of the Glock.:D I sold them all....Cheers !

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Gents, this pistol will be my first purchase of a Springfield Armory Gun.
After reviewing the torture test on Youtube plus several reviews, and confirmation from the factory that the XDM line has internal metal parts I am sold on the features, design and durability...I honestly was concerned about the Made in Croatia name plate but I am certain SA has a good operation there.
I also own HKs/Walther/Beretta I got bored of the plastic feeling and bulky look of the Glock.:D I sold them all....Cheers !
Have you actually held one in your hand?

The xd(m) is just as plastic and bulky feeling as the glock!

They are fine pistols but are not that much different then a glock.

don

·
Registered
446 Posts
I own a few Glocks in SF and non-SF. The XD feels like a plastic block, almost like the Glock to me, but the XDm is a lot closer to my 1911 grip angle. Just the angle, not the actual girth.

Last week a new bi-tone xdm45 4.5" came home. Haven't shot it yet because I'm still debating if I'll love it like I do my 1911's feel and trigger. Okay, I know the 1911 triggers are a billion times better, but a reliable 45acp with a few more rounds backed by a great company accounts for a lot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have owned four Glocks including the Gen 4 sold them all. They felt too plastic and were really a plain Jane type of gun.
Even though my new XDM45 does not have the same feeling of my HKP30L the SA is fun to shoot, it is accurate and quite reliable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts