Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a troll, Im a troll, Im a troll! Ok now that I said it I don't want to hear you calling me it because my new XD Tactical had a problem. HAHA :D
Hey I been reading this forum site for a long time and decided to buy a XD 40 Tactical. I had problems with feeding from the round not making it up to the feed ramp to it not fully chambering. And I want to THANK YOU ALL for your info on fixing it. :D I did what you guy's said and it now work's great except for one brand of ammo which is Focchi. I notice that the case thickness after meassuring it varied way off then the other brand's. So I stay away from that brand now. Other than that one brand I have no problems at all and I will now change from the SW to XD for work. So THANKS AGAIN GUY's!!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Glad to hear it's fixed!
I have had sever (5 or so) FTF with Fiocchi. I THINK it is just the ammo but I have never used any other brand yet.
This is for my 9mm.
I have never had ANY problems with WWB in my .40 whatsoever.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank's Dan! I think later I'll have the trigger done sometime down the road. But if it keeps getting better like it is now then I'll leave it as is and buy an other 40 Tactical and have it worked on for target practice. And if it shoots good I just might retire the Sig Pro. :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your right. I think it's the ammo too. Winchester works great along with the other brands except the Fioochi.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Funny, because for practice, I use nothing but Fiocci. I buy it by the case, and have never had a problem in my SC 9mm. It's interesting the variations between the pistols. Glad you figured it out!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
The only problems I've ever ran into with either of my XD's , is that I never have enough ammo!!! haha
Welcome! 8)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I knew one of you guys would call me Troll. HAHAHA This is a great forum site. I'm glad to be with you guy's.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Just keep an eye on the feed lips on the mags. If it starts not going into battery again, just bend the feed lips down a bit to keep the slide from raking across them as it cycles.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank's AIFORMULA. I only bent one of the mag lip's and kept the other normal. So far no problems with both. But I did notice when working on it I notice that the holes in the back of the mag to keep track of the rounds were different. One the holes were in a straight line and held only 9 rounds and it didn't even show in the 9th hole and the other the mag the holes were staggered and it held 10 rounds. Don't bother me. It works and thats all I care about. :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
Motengator said:
Im a troll, Im a troll, Im a troll! Ok now that I said it I don't want to hear you calling me it because my new XD Tactical had a problem. HAHA :D
Hey I been reading this forum site for a long time and decided to buy a XD 40 Tactical. I had problems with feeding from the round not making it up to the feed ramp to it not fully chambering. And I want to THANK YOU ALL for your info on fixing it. :D I did what you guy's said and it now work's great except for one brand of ammo which is Focchi. I notice that the case thickness after meassuring it varied way off then the other brand's. So I stay away from that brand now. Other than that one brand I have no problems at all and I will now change from the SW to XD for work. So THANKS AGAIN GUY's!!
Even XD's know not to feed trolls. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts