Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I went to the range today (and finally got to shoot my XD's) I took my Marlin model 60 .22 rifle and my S&W SW22A pistol. I had more fun with them than the XD's! I haven't shot the rifle in ages, and some time ago I put a little Bushnell 4x32 scope on it that I picked up somewhere. I got it sighted in and then was just blasting away:mrgreen: I was sitting there blowing the centers out of targets at 100 yards. I forgot how much I love that rifle!

Then I broke out the SW22A. I hadn't shot it much before today and thought I'd take it out. When I bought it I got a nice Bushnell Trophy red dot for it. I like the red dot, but it makes the gun very top heavy, and unless I was shooting off a rest didn't do too well. Just for fun I took the optic off and used the open sights, and I started popping the target every time. I bet I put 300 rounds thru it today. That red dot is nice, but it's not going back on that gun.

All in all, it's been a great day:-D

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
since i got into my bigger caliber guns my 22s didnt get much use. well i recently bought a Tac-65 22lr suppressor and my 22s are getting TONS of use. its cheap and lots of fun. plus since i have the can i can just go pop off a few shots in the back yard. my next gun is going to be a savage 22lr bolt action that i will get threaded and then after that i plan on getting a 22lr ar15 upper to use on my SBR lower

·
Registered
69 Posts
I recently got one of the .22 conversions for my P226 Sig. It's a blast to shoot, it's cheap, and it's good practice. What's not to like.
It goes to the range every time I do.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Been carrying a Sig Mosquito with me every trip to the range. Too blind to see the front sight and swapped for a Buckmark. Much better. Shoot a few clips through the 9sc and then work on techniques with the Buckmark and then back to the XD. Sure has seemed to help my accuracy.

·
Registered
855 Posts
.22s can be a ton of fun. I still shoot my Walther P22 once in awhile, plus I put 10-20 rounds thru our .22 rifle myself anytime I take the kids to the range to shoot it. Good, cheap fun! :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up trading my XD9 Tactical last night to a guy that I traded some of my rimfire stuff to a few months ago, and was able to get back a couple of great rifles (plus some cash :) ). I had a Mossberg 151M(c) and a Marlin 25M, and am tickled to have them back home. I just wish he'd still had a .22 revolver that I traded him. Now my next quest is to get me another .17HMR. I had a Savage 93R17, heavy barrel in a thumbhole stock, and that gun brought new meaning to "tackdriver".

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
With prices these days for ammo, I love rimfire stuff.

Rifles and Pistols, I can't get enough of them! :cool:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I love my .22's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts