• XDm 5.25

• XDm 9mm Single Stack

• Promotion makes no difference

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets just say that IF SA had came out with a single stack 9mm xdm, on par with a lc9 or pf9 or the like. How many do you think they would have sold if a week after they announced it they had their 3 free mags and mag pouch offer. Do you think it would have done better than the 5.25. I understand that the 5.25 being a competition gun, has a somewhat larger need for extra magazines. But then again what gun doesnt have a need for extra mags. So my poll is just that, which would have done better with the promotion or no difference.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
personally i voted for 5.25... hear me out
single stack would not NEED anything else to help it sell much
Competition gun that doesn have as much crazy desire by people will probably benefit from the lure of extra mags

·
Registered
662 Posts
I voted the single stack. If your going to the range reloading 5-6 mags, is better than 2-3.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
Single stack, and a promotion isn't that important.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It's all timing. I say any gun that is well made, shoots well and has a proven record will sell faster if you can get three mags at no extra charge.

You line up a Glock, a Sig Pro,an M&P and and XD/XDm in front of me and if they have the caliber I want in all of the choices, I will take the deal will three mags every time. I just don't see that much difference between the options.

As far as slim line goes, I have medium to large hands----not as large as Hickok45-----but larger than average and I actually prefer something at least as large as a Glock 23, Springfield XD, M&P 40, Glock 22 etc. I also exist in an are where an armed confrontation will more than likely involved multiple attackers. I want access to at least 10 rounds out of the gate so thin does not win for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I just bought a xdm 9mm 3.8 and I was about to buy a few extra clips for the range and I saw the 3 free promo. The shop didn't mention it to me, but I am glad I found this promo and am much happier.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Well I just bought a xdm 9mm 3.8 and I was about to buy a few extra clips for the range and I saw the 3 free promo. The shop didn't mention it to me, but I am glad I found this promo and am much happier.
Welcome to XDTalk, your gun store probably mentioned free magazines but it didn't register because you thought you needed ;clips"

Sorry...couldn't resist.

Free mags equal more sales....period!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I have three XDs and each time I buy one, a promotion like this comes out after the fact.

Dissappointment.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I have three XDs and each time I buy one, a promotion like this comes out after the fact.

Dissappointment.
That happened to me. I bought a XDM 3.8 9mm compact in May. They had a promotion last Fall ending on 12/31. Now they have this one. I bought to early or too late that's for sure.

Jay

·
Premium Member
127,144 Posts
single stack

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I voted for the Single Stack with a promotion. Not because I think it would NEED a promotion, but because it seems to take forever for vendors to stock the new mags. Hardly anyone carries the XDMc 13 round mags.

If/When they do come out with the single stack XDm, it'd be nice if it accepted the EMP mags (but probably won't).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts