Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the range today & afterward decided to inspect my defense ammo. I use 9mm 147gr HydroShock rounds. I measured their height with my trusty Brown & Sharpe calipers and noticed that a few bullets were about 0.003 to 0.004 shorter than the others.

Does anyone know whether that's just an expected variance in the production of them? If not, I'd guess they had been the ones that had been chambered in the past. Is such a small variance a concern?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
I would think it's normal. That's actually such a small variance I wouldn't worry.

·
Banned
5,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's kind of what I figured too. I sent Federal customer service an email just to check. But they haven't responded. I also asked them what is an acceptable minimum length. I'll post a response, if I get one. My only worry was that I my have pushed them in during the process of chambering the rounds.

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Wouldn't hurt to see what they say. Post what they say. I'd be curious what they say.

·
Banned
5,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow - Federal answered my email today. Nothing surprising. Pretty much as you and I expected. But nevertheless, it's nice to see the acceptable height dimensions for future reference.

Here's their reply:
Working OAL limits for P9HS2 are 1.097-1.103

Accept limits are 1.095-1.105

Your 1.097 ctgs are perfectly fine.

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
That's cool that they emailed you back. I mean they probably get a thousand emails a day but that is really cool they did actually answer you.

Now go shoot up that ammo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts