Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is just me being a winy pansy.

I really want them to release the 9mm xdm already. I wanted the 9mm to begin with but couldn't wait and picked up the .40 (love the gun). The reason I want the 9mm to come out already is because I really want to do the conversion. Once the 9mm comes out I figure it will be really easy to do a barrel drop in conversion plus the 9mm mags will be released. I've found the Storm Lake Barrels, EFK Fire Dragon 5" barrels and the Pistol Gear conversion barrels, but they are all just xd barrels that happen to fit the xdm. I dont want that half inch of non sexy hanging off of the gun and am anxiously awaiting a true conversion. As far as I know there isn't one out yet, just the 5" barrels, unless I missed something.

·
Registered
383 Posts
This thread is just me being a winy pansy.

I really want them to release the 9mm xdm already. I wanted the 9mm to begin with but couldn't wait and picked up the .40 (love the gun). The reason I want the 9mm to come out already is because I really want to do the conversion. Once the 9mm comes out I figure it will be really easy to do a barrel drop in conversion plus the 9mm mags will be released. I've found the Storm Lake Barrels, EFK Fire Dragon 5" barrels and the Pistol Gear conversion barrels, but they are all just xd barrels that happen to fit the xdm. I dont want that half inch of non sexy hanging off of the gun and am anxiously awaiting a true conversion. As far as I know there isn't one out yet, just the 5" barrels, unless I missed something.
Storm Lake already offers a 4.6 inch barrel made specifically for the xdm.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Storm Lake already offers a 4.6 inch barrel made specifically for the xdm.
What the hell. After seeing your post I started looking again and found a different storm lake site than before. First I found this:
StormLakeBarrels.com: Accuracy You Can Afford - stolakg17
which does not have anything XDm, then I found this :
Select a handgun barrel for Glock 1911 Sig Sauer Springfield at Storm Lake Barrels - Available in Canada and USA
which has the conversion.

Hmmm, So has anyone tried the 40S&W/ 357sig->9mm conversion? Is it simply a drop barrel that allows you to fire 9mm rounds, or do you have to take it to a gunsmith. I see that its a "Semi Drop In" but I would really rather not have to take it to a smith.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
one company is called storm lakes BARRELS and the other is called stor lake BARREL
hmm wonder who is the clone

·
Registered
383 Posts
Pretty funny, I had never seen the clone website before and couldn't understand how you weren't able to find them in the correct site. I've spoken with several people who've used the conversion barrels and they all say they work flawlessly. The only issue would be the magazine to hold the 9mm. Right now the only option is to have a .40 mag tweaked to fit the 9's unless you want to wait for SA to release the 9mm (which I think will be either this week or next). I'm just going towait for SA then order both the barrel and the magazines. As far as the drop in. Storm Lake makes their barrels right to spec but states that inorder to keep a very tight and accurate fit, they may need some minor smithing. Probably worht it to gain the accuracy and functionality of a well fit barrel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts