Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will probably get high winds and alot of rain near Philly. Local flooding, but not a problem at our house from previous experience.

Maybe worse if the track is slightly west of predicted, but probably nothing like NC.

I just realized that we are prepped and there is nothing I really have to go and get or do.

Sweet!!!

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
My buddy is getting married about 2 blocks from the river in Alexandria in a week, i hope there isn't too much flooding from the rain!

·
Registered
782 Posts
We live very close to the coast. Where my wife works they are prepping for a (possible) 3 day electrical outtage/flooding/wind damage (worse case scenero). This morning she was going over what would be needed in an emergency situation. She was relieved knowing we have a SHTF supply. We could use the rain but NOT the wind.
I pray Irene moves East.

·
Registered
837 Posts
fmfdocsci, you're from Philly? That's where I'm from originally. I saw one of the tracks going right up the Delaware and wasn't happy at all. I remember hearing on channel 3, 6, or 10 years ago about the major problems that would cause. Hope it really turns east!

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I went through katrina and Rita back home. I just can't get away from these damn things.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
I sure wish everyone the best..I grew up in South Florida spent 35 years down in the Keys, the Hurricanes and the aftermath will sure put you to the test..I left for Tennessee as I was tired of rebuilding,and worrying every time Hurricane season came around..

·
Premium Member
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fmfdocsci, you're from Philly? That's where I'm from originally. I saw one of the tracks going right up the Delaware and wasn't happy at all. I remember hearing on channel 3, 6, or 10 years ago about the major problems that would cause. Hope it really turns east!
I moved here 12 yrs ago. Live north of the city near Lansdale. The track now has us on the edge of the the bulls eye. Jersey and Delaware look like they are pretty much screwed.

Our electric is mostly undergound where I am. We didn't lose power during Floyd. This one may be worse than originally predicted.

I am waiting to see the panic buying on Friday and Saturday. Haven't seen it happen yet, but it will.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I am waiting to see the panic buying on Friday and Saturday. Haven't seen it happen yet, but it will.

I went to the commissary yesterday to pick up a loaf of bread for dinner, and the place was almost comical. No bread, needless to say. Went home and changed, went to town to the local store. 2 loaves left. Took me an hour to get out of the store.

Glad I'm already stocked on everything I need. Prepping has its perks, as the wife is now seeing :D

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
Bloomberg said he was confident people would get out of the storm's way.

"We do not have the manpower to go door-to-door and drag people out of their homes," he said. "Nobody's going to get fined. Nobody's going to go to jail. But if you don't follow this, people might die."
....so he would do it if he had the manpower? lol?

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
I'm in Southern Maryland, we're ready. We won't get hit directly, but SMECO is known for power outages. It's not even near here and we already have over 6000, just from T-Storm type winds. Glad I got my generator from Lowes! Good luck to those of you more in the path.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
The rains have started in NE. Pa. . Hear that some parts of NC have gotten 20" so far and still raining!
I dont think it's been that much. It's still raining, and it has rained alot, but I dont think it's been 20''.

·
Premium Member
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jersey looks like it is starting to get hit pretty good.

About an inch of rain here so far. Winds are still fairly light. We are north of 276.

Supposedly some flooding already in Philly due to swollen creeks. We have had the wettest August in history, the water has no place to go.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts