Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a Hume open top holster for xmas...and sure enough it slipped out from under my seat console onto the floorboard.....where some brake fluid had been spilled on my floor matt
The fluid ate the hell outta the holster, leaving white blobs all over it
This KIWI leather lotion works f-in wonders!
Hope this helps someone with a leather holster
Mine's black, but this stuff works good on even baseball gloves 8)

·
Registered
27 Posts
thanks for the post :D :D will try it out with my damaged leather holster :lol: :lol: hope it works :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The holster I have was all nice and shiney when I first got it. It almost looked plastic.
I also got an electric shoe buffer kit thingy for xmas (one of them silly Big-Lots specials) which also helped....pretty sad i used it on my holster and have yet to buff my boots :p
Ya put the stuff on the holster, let it soak and dry, then buff with a soft brush or rag
I put several coats on it...seemed to take all blobs out of the leather as well as making it nice a perty :)
They sell the stuff at Wally world for like 3 bucks over by the shoe polish

·
Registered
181 Posts
You need to be very careful what you apply to a hand boned holster. Many of these leather products will soften the leather. While this is a very desirable effect for leather seats, gloves, coats, etc it is not for gun holsters. The holsters are hand detailed (in most cases) to a specific gun mold and it is this very detailing that creates the "retention" qualities of the holster. If the leather becomes too soft it will no longer hold the detail and your gun may not be retained properly in the holster any longer.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i only plan to use it every so often....but that is a good point
thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts