Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.. I bought a Don Hume Holster two months ago.. and have been generally un-happy with it.. Here's a pic..

Ok.. so anyways.. I was about to throw this thing into a closet somewhere where it would never be seen again.. I couldn't reholster my weapon!!! ****!!! It wears very comfortably... the snaps keep it very secure.. the pistol sits deep enough that only the most observant could tell that I was carrying..

BUT I COULDN'T"T REHOLSTER THE MF'R!!!

Well.. somebody suggested (sorry I can't give credit to whoever suggested this..) misting the inside of the holster with a light coat of lubricant. Well.. since I was about ready to **** can this holster anyway, I decided to spray a little WD-40 inside of it.. now this was killing me, because you just don't spray a polymer based lube into a leather holster.. but I did...

Now my pistol slides in there like snot through a straw! I may just be able to use this thing! I need another couple of hundred dry fire/draws to be sure.. but I sure am glad that who ever posted that suggestion about spraying a little lubricant in there made that suggestion!

Raymond

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Karma.. I think this will work out... I don't sell stuff that I own.. it's one of my faults.

Here is an actual pic of my pistol, in this holster,

I think this holster is going to be a good one.. I just need to learn how to work it.. I hated my Fobus Paddle holster at first.. now I wouldn't give it up for a million bucks!! (Ok.. for a million, she is yours!)

I am starting to like it.. It is trying to like me.. I think if I am nice to it, it will be nice to me.

Raymond

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
Like your XD, these items will also get better with use. They all have a break-in period. A good suggestion with the spray-lube, thanks for reposting.

Old School

·
Registered
102 Posts
All Don Hume holsters are molded very tight to the gun they are made for and take some break-in. I've got four of them and just ordered three more. Once broken in, they are very good holsters and hold the gun extremely well.

One of the best products on the market for holsters is KG-9, from KG Industries, Inc. The only problem is, it's very hard to find anyone carrying it. I finally got them to sell me one of the samples they had at the SHOT Show. They affectionately refer to it as "monkey snot", but it certainly works on holsters. It can be ordered direct from KG, off their website, though. You simply rub it into the inside of the holster and let it dry for about 15 minutes. There is no wet residue, but it really slicks up the holster and draw, but still allows for a solid carry of the gun.

One of Don Hume's better holsters for outside the waistband carry is their H726, which allows for a high carry and is open to the front, much like a front break duty holster. With practice, it's one of the fastest concealed carry holsters I've ever owned, and that's after carrying a gun most everyday for 38 years.

For inside the waistband carry, the H715M is extremely comfortable, and I carry both my 357 Sig Service in it and my 9mm Sub-compact in it, with the hi-cap magazine and grip extension. Not at the same time, of course, but both guns fit in it, even though they make a shorter model for the Sub-compact.

Hope this helps.

Fred

1 - 5 of 5 Posts